I need your help guys. Task 2

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
Mohamed Elamin

I need your help guys. Task 2

Post by Mohamed Elamin »

Question:
There are more cars on the roads these days and more accidents. As a result, some politicians have suggested that people should take regular driving tests throughout their lives, rather than one single test.
What do you think are the advantages of repeat driving tests? Do these outweigh the disadvantages?
Give reasons for your answers and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.

Hello Guys,
I didn't know how would I respond to this task ( argument or discussion) because the two questions seems to be important. so I decided to respond in a discussion essay format. I couldn't do it exactly as instructed by Ryan. bellow is my essay:

My Essay:
Today, cars are being used by almost everyone. This has increased the accident rate on the roads. It is argued by some that drivers should take regular driving tests while others refute this opinion. Both points of view will be discussed in this order.
On one hand, some people believe having regular driving tests will help in reducing accident rate on the roads. They claim that this will benefit drivers who rarely drive, such as old people, by updating them on new driving rules. Also, they believe that these regular tests will improve the driving skills of many young drivers. Most young drivers today are careless and reckless and thus regular driving tests will urge them to drive safe. That is why some people believe regular driving tests are important.
On the other hand, some claim that regular driving tests will increase accident rate on the roads. They believe that many new drivers will find it very difficult to apply for a driving test due to the high number of candidates. As a result, many new drivers might tend to break the law and drive without taking a driving test, which will increase accident rate. Thus, some people oppose regular driving tests.
After analyzing both points of view, the second opinion seems to be weak compared with the first one. Thus, I believe regular driving tests should be deployed to minimize accident rate. It is expected that the roads will be safer in the near future if regular tests were deployed by governments.
Truly yours,
Mohamed
Shreyas

Re: I need your help guys. Task 2

Post by Shreyas »

good work but i think you should write the conclusion in a different way, similar to what is being asked in the question. You can write," it is clear that the advantages definitely outweigh the disadvantages, so. . . ." or similar to this. correct me if i am wrong .