discusse both views and give your opinion

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
ieltsband8

discusse both views and give your opinion

Post by ieltsband8 »

In discussion essays they ask us to discuss both views and give your opinion. do we need to give our opinion in introduction or in conclusion ? just bit confused how to answer these questions, though many teachers argue that its better to give our opinion in conclusion some teachers say its better to provide direction to your readers and give your opinion in introduction.I would truly appreciate if anyone could help me out with this.
tulusin1922

Re: discusse both views and give your opinion

Post by tulusin1922 »

You must give your opinion on the introduction and then in the body of the essay justify it with reasons. Finally, you conclude with a restatement of your opinion and, ideally, you should also provide a solution to the problem.
ieltsband8

Re: discusse both views and give your opinion

Post by ieltsband8 »

thanks for your prompt reply and clear explanation, i do appreciate your help .. actually i was bit confused cause i watched a video on youtube the other day,where it says that we need to first discuss and then give our opinion in conclusion. however, i have discussed it with ex-ielts examiner as well and he also advised me that, its better to write your opinion in the introduction to score high and give the readers a clear direction regarding your essay.

Thanks again.