Task II

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
Eli

Task II

Post by Eli »

Popular events like the football world cup and other international sporting occasions are essential in easing international tensions and releasing patriotic emotions in a safe way.
To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?

It is sometimes argued that the role of Olympics games are essential in terms of reducing tensions and patriotic emotions existing among countries. Although I agree with this view to some extent, I also believe that they can have some harmful consequences.

It is true that nowadays, competition is necessary through sport events among different nations because of peoples natural competitive spirits. Football world Cup can be taken as a striking example when considering its importance to society, countries and individuals. It is obvious that such a popular sports events play a significant role in gathering people together regardless of their race, culture, age and so on. There is no doubt that it is the best way of easing tensions or hostilities existing between two nations, as well as push human beings to focus on humanity and civilizations.

On the other hand, I believe that sports events are just a tool of business and serve as an arena for political reasons. International games should not a victim of aims of politicians or the leaders of developed countries as so many governments are involved in hosting of sports events. Apart from this, such a sporting activities could have some unexpected outcomes. For example, before several decades ago international football game were held between two nations, North and South Korea, and after the competition everything around in the stadium were in worst conditions, not to mention how many people were injured during quarrel because of competitors and sports fans aggression against each other. As a result, the economy of a country is more likely suffer from these unwanted problems

In conclusion, it seems to me that the existence of international games such as Olympics should be preserved if everything are being taken into account during the game and its importance should not be underestimated.
saqibali

Re: Task II

Post by saqibali »

You already have followed Ryan style.Try to practice more and follow more strictly

https://www.facebook.com/pages/IELTS-No ... 3123916148
Limited free classes and unlimited best IELTS material at below link
https://www.facebook.com/pages/IELTS-No ... 3123916148
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Re: Task II

Post by Flick »

Eli wrote:Popular events like the football world cup and other international sporting occasions are essential in easing international tensions and releasing patriotic emotions in a safe way.
To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?

It is sometimes argued that the role of the Olympic Games is essential in terms of reducing tensions and patriotic emotions existing among countries. Although I agree with this view to some extent, I also believe that they can have some harmful consequences.

It is true that nowadays, competition is necessary through sport events between different nations because of people's natural competitive spirit. The football world Cup can be taken as a striking example when considering its importance to society, countries and individuals. It is obvious that such a popular sporting event play a significant role in gathering people together regardless of their race, culture, age and so on. There is no doubt that it is the best way of easing tensions or hostilities existing between two nations, as well as pushing human beings to focus on humanity and civilizations.

On the other hand, I believe that sporting events are just a tool of business and serve as an arena for political reasons. International games should not become victim to the aims of politicians or the leaders of developed countries as so many governments are involved in hosting sporting events. Apart from this, such sporting activities could have some unexpected outcomes. For example, several decades ago, an international football game was held between two nations, North and South Korea, and after the competition everything around the stadium was left in terrible conditions, not to mention how many people were injured during quarrels because of competitors' and sports fans' aggression against each other. As a result, the economy of a country is more likely to suffer from these unwanted problems

In conclusion, it seems to me that the existence of international games such as the Olympics should be preserved if everything is taken into account during the game and its importance should not be underestimated.