Writing task 2 - can i get a band 6?

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
guilhermebianchi

Writing task 2 - can i get a band 6?

Post by guilhermebianchi »

Write about the following topic:

Using a computer every day can have more negative than positive effects on your children.

Do you agree or disagree?

The role of computers in everyday life has been the subject of multiple discussions in the last decades. Some parents argue that computers distract their children and dont allow them to concentrate in more relevant tasks. Others say that technology plays an important role in education nowadays. In this present essay, I will support the thesis of the benefits of a balanced use of computers to improve the educational knowledge of children.

It is clear that the abusive use of computers presents several problems to the concentration of young students. Every technological product can be dangerous to children's attention, specifically in terms of scholar homework or sports. When children are excessively exposed to personal computers they seem to significantly lose their intereste in school routine or outdoor activities. Either way, I think that this statement can not be use to fully reduce the understanding of computer as a simple negative instrument.

However, it's important to note that computers are also a good source of information as well as pontetially educational tool. With several education websites, it is very easy to find excellent sources for childrens' learning process. That is the case of online encyclopedias, tutorial videos and foreign languages social networks. Furthermore, one can easilu discover new methods of learning with softwares that can turn the learning experience in a more enjoyable activity, with interactive methods and audio-visual tools.

To sum up, I disagree with the propositon which says that daily computer use have more negative than positive effects in children because, as I tried to argue, a balanced and equalized use of computers is the key to allow a better and functional use of technology to children.
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Re: Writing task 2 - can i get a band 6?

Post by Flick »

guilhermebianchi wrote:Write about the following topic:

Using a computer every day can have more negative than positive effects on your children.

Do you agree or disagree?

The role of computers in everyday life has been the subject of multiple discussions in recent decades. Some parents argue that computers distract their children and dont allow them to concentrate in more relevant tasks. Others say that technology plays an important role in education nowadays. In this essay, I will support the thesis of the benefits of a balanced use of computers to improve the educational knowledge of children.

It is clear that the abusive use of computers presents several problems to the concentration of young students. Every technological product can be dangerous to children's attention, specifically in terms of scholarly homework or sports. When children are excessively exposed to personal computers they seem to significantly lose their interest in school routines or outdoor activities. Either way, I think that this statement can not be used to fully reduce the understanding of a computer as a simple instrument that is detrimental to children.

However, it's important to note that computers are also a good source of information as well as a potentially educational tool. With several education websites, it is very easy to find excellent sources for childrens' learning processes. There are online encyclopedias, tutorial videos and foreign languages social networks. Furthermore, one can easily discover new methods of learning with software that can turn the learning experience into a more enjoyable activity, with interactive methods and audio-visual tools.

To sum up, I disagree with the proposition that daily computer use has more negative than positive effects on children because a balanced and equalized use of computers is the key to allow a better and functional use of technology to children.
gayan1991

Re: Writing task 2 - can i get a band 6?

Post by gayan1991 »

This would be my answer for this

The role of computers in everyday life has been the subject of multiple discussions in past decades. Some parents argue that computers distract their children and don't allow them to concentrate in more relevant tasks. On the other hand, technology plays an important role in education nowadays. In my view, balance use of computers would improve the educational knowledge of children.

It is clear that the abusive use of computers present several distraction to young students. Every technological product could be dangerous to children's attention, specifically in terms of scholar homework or sports. When children are excessively exposed to personal computers, they seem to significantly lose their interest in school routine or outdoor activities. Either way, I think that this statement can not be use to fully reduce the understanding of computer as a simple negative instrument.

However, it's important to note that computers are also a good source of information as well as potentially highly valuable educational tool. With several education websites, it is very easy to find excellent resources for childrens' learning process. That is the case of online encyclopedias, tutorial videos and foreign languages social networks. Furthermore, one can easily discover new methods of learning with software that could turn the learning experience to a more enjoyable activity, with interactive methods and audio-visual tools, rather than staring at book all day.

To sum up, I disagree with the proposition which says that daily computer use have more negative than positive effects in children because, a balanced and equalized use of computers is the key to allow a better and functional use of technology to children.