Please assess.

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
Mohammed

Please assess.

Post by Mohammed »

Some people think that schools should select students according to their academic abilities, while others believe that it is better to have students with different abilities studying together. Discuss both views and state your own opinion.

In today’s world there is a continuing debate about many issues regarding education in schools. One of the largely discussed problems is that some people think that schools should accept students who have a particular level of academic knowledge, while others are in opposition of this view.

The opponents of this opinion argue that by having pupils with different academic skills in one school, a rivalry can be established among them. For example, if it is a mix of high-skilled and low-skilled school, the latter would try to reach to that group of better academic ability. As a result, competition would be strengthened among pupils, because hard-workers would try to go far beyond in terms of studies.

The supporters of this statement, however, claim that it would be better if schools choose its students based on their study skills. In other words, if students study at the schools where their mates are in around the same level, then these students would not distracted by others who are weaker by academic ability, and thus it can lead to high-rated academic results i.e. getting into university after graduation. Also, it might be beneficial in terms of social relationships among pupils. This means students in these type of schools can understand and get on well one another. To take my school as an example, it is called “Special Talented Group” where nearly all the students have high records of grades and is considered one of the reputable schools in our city.

To sum up, it seems to me that creating such a special kind of school and accepting students from a certain background would be worthwhile. Furthermore, it can be considered as honor to get accepted to one of those schools.