please, grade and share your opinion

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
jaffer.anwer

please, grade and share your opinion

Post by jaffer.anwer »

In the past, many people had skills such as making their own clothes and doing repairs to things in the house. In many countries, nowadays, skills like these are disappearing.
Why do you think this change is happening? How far is this situation true in your country?

People of earlier generations had handy skills, namely, stitching clothes or doing household maintenance. However, this is not same these days.

From my perspective, the following are the reasons. Firstly, times have changed and so have the skills. Earlier generations had to limit their expenses; therefore, they were forced to learn basic repairs and other household chores. On the contrary, today the trend is ready to wear clothes. Ample number of brands and stores with competitive prices are easily available to choose from unlike, a few generations back. For instance, buying a pair of jeans is less time consuming rather than having one stitched. Secondly, present day generation is preoccupied with irrelevant obsessions such as, mobiles, play stations or on-line gaming, laptops and tablets to name a few. Nevertheless, people of former generations involved in learning creative activities like gardening, knitting, playing musical instruments, etc. Thirdly, nowadays, everyone is targeting earning more money and it is unimaginable to what extent some people go to make that extra income.

Globalization has its effect on all the countries. Unfortunately, in my country that is India, it is very common to see workers commuting long distances. Although, this was not true during my grandparent’s time, their most common mode of transport was a bicycle. Today, inter-district public transport is an everyday routine for a majority. Other than that, society compels to start earning at an early age. Young people have stretch work schedules hindering them the time for creative learning.

In conclusion, Globalization has its effects on all the countries including mine, resulting in contrasting competence levels of homely endeavours between people of today and the past.
sos1947

Re: please, grade and share your opinion

Post by sos1947 »

I think it's pretty late to give a feedback nevertheless I will do so.

I liked overall writing style and depth used in the second paragraph. However, I see you went off topic in the third paragraph or failed to connect the globalization with skills or did not explain how transport makes skills irrelevant. Chances are you will lose marks on that.

Change Thirdly --> Finally,
Again the last sentence of second paragraph is not required, the topic is skills not what unimaginable things people do to earn money ( are those difficult to imagine :))

For grammar corrections, you may need to get in touch with Flick or onlineenglishteacher.com