Writing section: Task 1 essays

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
zalak

Writing section: Task 1 essays

Post by zalak »

Hello All,

A big thanks to Ryan and other community members for this helpful platform for IELTS preparation. I look forward to using it very well and also returning the favour.

Can I please request the community members and Ryan (if he has the time) to please comment and mark my essay?

All the essays in this post are my work of Task 1 with their questions and word count.

Essay 1 (215 words)
Essay 1
Essay 1
Task 1.png (354.54 KiB) Viewed 631 times
The two images given here show an island before and after the construction of some tourist facilities on it.

Before the construction, the island had no buildings or any other structures on it. A good number of trees can be seen here which represents that the island soil is fertile. A sea surrounds the island and some portion of it extends in the sea to have a beach in there.

After the construction, we can see a lot of concrete structures on the island that serve as places for accommodation (built in the form of huts / chalets), reception block and a restaurant. None of the trees present already have been cut, which shows that the construction was planned to preserve nature. A pier, which stretches out from the island into the sea, has also been constructed and two yachts can be seen around. It seems the tourists can use these to explore the sea and also for commuting to and from the island. The already present beach area can be used for swimming.

Moving around the island can be done in two ways. First is the footpath that connects all the accommodation huts to the reception block and the beach. Second is the vehicle track that connects the restaurant, reception block and the pier.

Essay 2 (198 words)
Essay 2
Essay 2
Task 1_2.png (430.92 KiB) Viewed 631 times
The chart shows the total number of calls minutes (in billions) in the UK over an 8-year span.

Local fixed line calls recorded the highest minutes throughout the period, rising from 72 billion minutes in 1995 to almost 88 billion minutes in 1998. 1999 saw the highest number of calls minutes by any call category at 90 billion minutes by landline calls. After this year, the figures dropped down to the same figure of 72 billion in 2002 as it was in 1995.

National and international calls in the same duration rose steadily from around 37 billion in 1995 to over 60 billion in 2002.

Mobile calls started off with the lowest figures compared to the above two with only up to a maximum of 9 billion minutes by 1998. There was huge jump in this between the years 1999 to 2002 where the call minutes reached to 46 billion in 2002. This shows that use of mobile phone users tripled during this period.

In a nutshell, even though local calls had been the favorite and most used throughout the period, the other two call categories narrowed up considerably in the last 4 years of the shown graph.

Essay 3 (215 words)
Essay 3
Essay 3
Task 1_3.png (490.8 KiB) Viewed 631 times
The chart gives information on the ages of the population in two countries of the world – Yemen and Italy in the year 2000 and projections of the same after fifty years.

In the year 2000, half of Yemen’s population was filled with people between the ages of 0-14 years followed by 46.3% of people aging between 15-59 years. The remaining small proportion of 3.6% people belonged to senior citizens over 60 years. Comparing this to the projection of 2050, we can infer that there is a huge increase in the people aging 15-59 years by 12% compared to what they had in the year 2000. The percentage of 0-14 years old has gone down to 37% and there is a slight increase at 5.7% in the people over 60 years.

On the contrary, Italy in the year 2000 had a whopping 61.6% of 15-59 years old of the total population. 60+ years old people took 24.3% and finally 0-14 years old followed by taking 14.3%. A huge difference can be seen in the projected 2050 chart, where 60+ years old took 42.3% of the total population resulting in the 15-59 year age group dropping to 46.2%, which still remained the highest. Finally, 0-14 years age group dropped slightly to make 11.5% of the entire population.

Waiting to hear from you all about my work. Also posting my works in Task 2 in a new post.

Cheers!!
kamots89

Re: Writing section: Task 1 essays

Post by kamots89 »

Not an expert, but i think in the pie charts you should compare the 2 state because they have the same variables to increase your score in TA.
zalak

Re: Writing section: Task 1 essays

Post by zalak »

kamots89 wrote:Not an expert, but i think in the pie charts you should compare the 2 state because they have the same variables to increase your score in TA.
Thanks for the suggestion kamots89. I'll keep that in mind. What's your say about the other works of mine?