Task 2 Writing (target band 6,5)

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
guilhermebianchi

Task 2 Writing (target band 6,5)

Post by guilhermebianchi »

Learning a foreign language offers an insight into how people from other cultures think and see the world.
The teaching of a foreign language should be compulsory at all primary schools.

To what extent do you agree or disagree with this view?

Nowadays, in our globalized world, the learning of a foreign language can be a tremendous attribute to anyone. Because of that, some people argue that the teaching of a foreign language should be mandatory at all primary schools. In this present essay, I will support this statement because I understand that languages are the key for professional and life success.

In the last decades the world turned more and more competitive. With the rising of competition between nations, came the necessity of communication between different approaches in the workplace. Today, the more languages a citizen can speak, more the opportunities to a further development in his professional area. For example, a Brazilian businessman that works in oil industry will have a better development if he can speak English, French or Chinese.

Furthermore, today some languages like Chinese and English are becoming imperative and that means that besides the fact that one can be helped in labor market if he speaks a foreign language, more languages can allow people a further knowledge about world and its cultures. A student that is exposed to others languages since a young age can develop more interests for different cultures and the diversity of the world.

To conclude, as I tried to show, I think that the compulsory teaching of foreign languages could really help young people to achieve success in their lives. If society and governments invests more in the learning processes of different languages, that could signify even a better development for the nation’s economy, as well as a better educated and developed population.
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Re: Task 2 Writing (target band 6,5)

Post by Flick »

guilhermebianchi wrote:Learning a foreign language offers an insight into how people from other cultures think and see the world.
The teaching of a foreign language should be compulsory at all primary schools.

To what extent do you agree or disagree with this view?

Nowadays, in our globalized world, the learning of a foreign language can be a tremendous attribute to anyone. Because of that, some people argue that the teaching of a foreign language should be mandatory at all primary schools. In this essay, I will support this statement because I understand that languages are the key for professional and life success.

In recent decades the world has become more and more competitive. With the rise of competition between nations came the necessity of communication in the workplace. Today, the more languages a citizen can speak, the more opportunities there are for further development in his career. For example, a Brazilian businessman that works in the oil industry will have a better future if he can speak English, French or Chinese.

Furthermore, today some languages like Chinese and English are becoming imperative and that means that besides the fact that one has an advantage in the labor market if he speaks a foreign language, more languages can allow people greater knowledge about the world and its cultures. A student that is exposed to others languages from a young age can develop more interest for different cultures and the diversity of the world.

To conclude, I think that the compulsory teaching of foreign languages could really help young people to achieve success in their lives. If society and governments invest more in the learning processes of different languages, that could signify even better development for the nation’s economy, as well as a better educated and developed population.