Stay-at-home-dad essay (Malang-Indonesia)

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
danyocean

Stay-at-home-dad essay (Malang-Indonesia)

Post by danyocean »

Q: These days more fathers stay at home and take care of their children while mothers go out to work. What could be the reasons for this? Do you think it is a positive or a negative development?

In the late 21th century, there is widespread of an evolution of family roles that a father is the main caregiver of their children as a stay-at-home-dad, while a mother role evolves to be primarily responsible for getting jobs.

The emerging reason is that women begin to be paid much higher wages and gender roles losing significance in society, and it seems to me these trends is a negative development.

A key problem with the prevailing stay-at-home date nowadays is the economic reasons, in particular, higher-paying job for women. In western countries, women began to become a potential employee that equally able to compete men workers due to greater education opportunities and promising career for working women.

In Canada, for example, there are many companies that give higher wages for women because the total numbers of educated women are greater than men in their 40s and 50s. As a consequence, these demographic trend affect company behavior to take on more women as employees which unintentionally change fixed gender roles, in particular, changing the mother's roles as the working women, and hers husbands as house father that remain at home.

However, I personally argue that these phenomenons have less benefits, especially, either for father and mother. This is due to the fact that the house father have less social support from society to become a mother who have much caregiver sense and parenting skills. In addition to this, house husbands highly possibly lose their business skills or any professional qualifications that are more important skills to develop their family.

In conclusion, although there is an explanation to rectify the current trend amid fathers to be house father while mothers go out to work, I believe that in this situation, the drawbacks do outweigh the benefits which generally indicate a negative development.
(300 words)

Please give feedback.
For the helpful effort, I express deepest appreciation and gratitude.
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Re: Stay-at-home-dad essay (Malang-Indonesia)

Post by Flick »

danyocean wrote:Q: These days more fathers stay at home and take care of their children while mothers go out to work. What could be the reasons for this? Do you think it is a positive or a negative development?

In the late 21st century, there is widespread of an evolution of family roles that a father is the main caregiver of their children as a stay-at-home-dad, while a mother role evolves to be primarily responsible for getting jobs.(<--Reword to: "Recently, traditional family roles have evolved so that more fathers are becoming stay at home dads while mothers are becoming the primary source of income.")

The emerging reason is that women begin to be paid much higher wages and gender roles losing significance in society, and it seems to me these trends is a negative development.(<--Reword to: "The main reason for this is that women are earning higher wages and gender roles are losing significance in society. To me, these trends are a negative development.")

A key problem with the prevailing stay-at-home date nowadays is the economic reasons, in particular, higher-paying job for women.(<--I don't understand this sentence.) In western countries, women began to become a potential employee that equally able to compete men workers due to greater education opportunities and promising career for working women.(<--Reword to: "In western countries, due to greater educational and career opportunities, women are more able to compete with men in many industries.")

In Canada, for example, there are many companies that pay higher wages to women because the total number of educated women is greater than men in their 40s and 50s. As a consequence, companies are more likely to hire women as employees whichhas unintentionally changed fixed gender roles, in particular, changing the mother's role to the breadwinner, and her husband's to house-husband.

However, I personally argue that this phenomenon has few benefits, especially for the father and mother. This is due to the fact that the house father has less social support from society than a mother who has better caregiver sense and parenting skills. In addition to this, house-husbands may lose their business skills or any professional qualifications that are more important skills to develop their family.

In conclusion, although there is an explanation to rectify the current trend amid fathers to be house-husband while mothers go out to work, I believe that in this situation, the drawbacks do outweigh the benefits which generally indicate a negative development.
(300 words)
danyocean

Re: Stay-at-home-dad essay (Malang-Indonesia)

Post by danyocean »

Thanks a million FLICK..
You are legend