Tests and examinations are a central feature of school systems in many countries.

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
yin

Tests and examinations are a central feature of school systems in many countries.

Post by yin »

Exam-based education system is one of the most well-known systems globally especially in Asia countries .There is always a controversial debate over the benefits and drawbacks of this system .Apropos to this statement ,I fully accord that the disadvantages of tests and examinations as the central feature of school systems outweigh its benefits .
First and foremost ,abilities of students who attend fully exam-based courses will be judged solely on its academic capacity .The higher marks they scored ,the better they are .This is actually a wrong concept to measure the capability of a pupil .Secondly ,teachers are inclined to train students as exam machines .Sometimes , students just memorize facts and answers without thorough understanding .Their life will be full of textbooks ,mock papers and tests .They do not really get to enjoy the joyfulness brought by co-curricular .They tend to neglect outdoor activities and as a result ,missed a lot of interesting outdoor events.
On the other hand ,school systems which do not prioritize test and examinations give student more opportunities to explore their undercover talents .Students attending non exam-based education system have more options in their subjects .They are allowed to choose their favourite subjects and hence ,they show better interest to go to school .It is evident that students under this system do develop better balanced personalities as they get to socialize more without having being burdened by exams .Besides ,they have more assignments ,course works and presentations in their courses and these help them to appreciate the importance of courage and cooperation .
In a nutshell ,I would like to assert that I am not in favour with the education system which put focus on tests and examinations .I truly believe that ,non exam-based education system which weigh curricular and co-curricular equally is a better choice.
faty

Re: Tests and examinations are a central feature of school systems in many countries.

Post by faty »

A pupil in general isnt a gud idea i think.
asserting that u aint in favour is again not a gud udea
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Re: Tests and examinations are a central feature of school systems in many countries.

Post by Flick »

yin wrote:Exam-based education is one of the most well-known systems globally, especially in Asian countries. There is a controversial debate over the benefits and drawbacks of this system. Apropos to this statement, it is felt that the disadvantages of tests and examinations as the central feature of school systems outweigh the benefits.

First and foremost, the abilities of students who attend fully exam-based courses will be judged solely on academic capacity. The higher marks they score, the better they are. This is a flawed method of measuring the capability of a pupil. Secondly, teachers are inclined to train students as exam machines. Sometimes, students just memorize facts and answers without thorough understanding. Their life will be full of textbooks, mock papers and tests. They do not really get to enjoy the curriculum. They tend to neglect outdoor activities and as a result, miss a lot of interesting outdoor events.

On the other hand, school systems which do not prioritize tests and examinations give student more opportunities to explore their talents. Students attending non exam-based schools have more options in their subjects. They are allowed to choose their favourite subjects and hence, they show more interest in attending school. It is evident that students under this system do develop more balanced personalities as they get to socialize more without being burdened by exams. Besides, they have more assignments, course work and presentations in their courses, and these help them to appreciate the importance of cooperation.

In a nutshell, I would like to assert that I am not in favour of the education system which focuses on tests and examinations. I truly believe that non exam-based education systems which weigh curricular and co-curricular equally is a better choice.