band 8 letter asessment required

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
faty

band 8 letter asessment required

Post by faty »

You have bought a new laptop computer and in a few days of purchase discovered a major flaw. Write a letter to the company. In your letter
- introduce yourself
- explain the situation
- say what action you would like to company to take.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing this letter to express my dissatisfaction on the recent purchase of a laptop from one of your company's outlet. I have been one of your regular customers in Melbourne and bought numerous electronic items before as well. I remained satisfied with your services until I received this laptop that I purchased online from our website.

On 14th June, I bought Dell 4530 with a serial number 58790. As soon as I opened it at home, I found that the laptop requires a software update from 8.0 to 8.1. Additionally, the committed additional 2GB RAM is not provisioned. I contacted your store immediately in order to fix the issue and spoke to your shift manager. To my surprise, he did not have technical expertise to resolve my queries and asked to have a complaint lodged at website.

To resolve my problem, I would appreciate if you can send your salesman to fix the issue or have it exchanged with another one. I look forward to your reply and a resolution to my problem until 22nd June before asking for a complete refund of my amount already made. Please contact me at 92345876 for further action.

Regards,
Fatima Hasan
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Re: band 8 letter asessment required

Post by Flick »

faty wrote:You have bought a new laptop computer and in a few days of purchase discovered a major flaw. Write a letter to the company. In your letter
- introduce yourself
- explain the situation
- say what action you would like to company to take.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing this letter to express my dissatisfaction on the recent purchase of a laptop from one of your company's outlets. I have been one of your regular customers in Melbourne and bought numerous electronic items before. I remained satisfied with your services until I received this laptop that I purchased online from your website.

On 14th June, I bought a Dell 4530 with the serial number 58790. As soon as I opened it at home, I found that the laptop required a software update from 8.0 to 8.1. Additionally, the committed additional 2GB RAM is not provisioned.(<--I don't understand this sentence) I contacted your store immediately in order to fix the issue and spoke to your shift manager. To my surprise, he did not have the technical expertise to resolve my queries and asked to have a complaint lodged on the website.

To resolve my problem, I would appreciate if you can send your salesman to fix the issue or have it exchanged. I look forward to your reply and a resolution to my problem by 22nd June, at which point I will be asking for a complete refund. Please contact me at 92345876 for further action.

Regards,
Fatima Hasan