Please evaluate my letter & essay and suggest your comments including the band score.

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
s.manigandan

Please evaluate my letter & essay and suggest your comments including the band score.

Post by s.manigandan »

WRITING TASK
Task 1
Nowadays many people work part or full time from home. Some people say that working from home has many benefits while others disagree. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
Solution:
In these days, due to various reasons people started either work from home or do part time jobs. They think that doing jobs at their leisure has more benefits. But, others believe in full time jobs. The comparison is given in below paragraphs.
Firstly, part time or home based jobs can be completed in convenient timings and there is no restriction in working hours for some jobs too. For example, pregnant women can work with computers at home whenever they can and earn accordingly. Secondly, there is no need to travel anywhere and people can work for a company remotely around the world irrespective of their current location. Thirdly, since they get more free time, other tasks which have more priority can be easily managed. This involves taking care of elderly/disabled parents or can do other part time jobs as well. However, in contrast full time employees enjoy getting more remuneration and make confident commitments accordingly. Furthermore, they can plan their future goals and career path evidently. Secondly, they have more dignity in the society compared to others. Thirdly, though they travel for certain distance to work, interaction with the society will obviously improved which is more important for a responsible human being. For example, during discussions, problems which others would have faced may be useful and relevant for themselves.
To conclude, in my opinion, though there are certain advantages in part time or work from home, it is not suitable for everyone. I strongly believe that full time work should be chosen over freelancing jobs.

TASK 2
You recently stayed in a hotel and encountered a problem. A hotel receptionist helped you resolve the situation. Write a letter to the hotel manager and say
- What was the problem?
- How did the receptionist help you?
- Suggest how this problem can be solved permanently.
Solution:
Dear Mr.Simon,
I’m writing this letter to let you know that my wallet was stolen by someone and I luckily got it back with the help of your hotel receptionist.
I had a recent stay in your hotel and when I checked out and about to settle the amount at the reception, I realized that my wallet was missing. I remember I kept it around the table nearby to pick my bill. When I informed the situation to the receptionist, she patiently handled and arranged a security to do a thorough check of all staffs. She also volunteered to visit my room to have a double check. Based on the scrutinization, it was found that a newly joined room cleaner has taken that. She immediately contacted you for taking necessary actions against him.
I would like to extend my gratitude towards the dedication of your hotel receptionist and appreciate you and your staffs for the help. Also, I would recommend you to install CCTV cameras and strengthen security to avoid such instances in the future.
Regards
Mani.
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Re: Please evaluate my letter & essay and suggest your comments including the band score.

Post by Flick »

s.manigandan wrote:WRITING TASK
Task 1
Nowadays many people work part or full time from home. Some people say that working from home has many benefits while others disagree. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.

Solution:
Nowadays, due to various reasons people have started to either work from home or do part time jobs. They think that doing jobs at their leisure has more benefits. However, others believe in full time jobs. The comparison is discussed below.

Firstly, part time or home-based jobs can be completed in moreconvenient times, and there is no restriction in working hours for some jobs too. For example, pregnant women can work with computers at home whenever they can and earn accordingly. Secondly, there is no need to travel anywhere and people can work for a company remotely around the world, irrespective of their current location. Thirdly, since they have more free time, other tasks which have greater priority can be easily managed. This involves taking care of elderly/disabled parents or completing other part time jobs as well.

However, in contrast, full time employees enjoy receiving more remuneration and make confident commitments accordingly. Furthermore, they can plan their future goals and career path. Secondly, they have more respect in society compared to others. Thirdly, though they travel for a certain distance to work, interaction with society will obviously occur, which is very important for a responsible human being. For example, during discussions, problems which others would have faced may be useful and relevant for themselves.(<--I don't understand this example. Can you be more specific?)

To conclude, in my opinion, though there are certain advantages in part time or working from home, it is not suitable for everyone. I strongly believe that full time work should be chosen over freelancing jobs.
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Re: Please evaluate my letter & essay and suggest your comments including the band score.

Post by Flick »

s.manigandan wrote: TASK 2
You recently stayed in a hotel and encountered a problem. A hotel receptionist helped you resolve the situation. Write a letter to the hotel manager and say
- What was the problem?
- How did the receptionist help you?
- Suggest how this problem can be solved permanently.

Solution:
Dear Mr.Simon,
I’m writing this letter to let you know that my wallet was stolen by someone and I luckily got it back with the help of your hotel receptionist.

I had a recent stay in your hotel and when I checked out and was about to settle the amount at reception, I realized that my wallet was missing. I remember I kept it on the table next to the bed in my room. When I informed the receptionist of the situation, she patiently arranged for security to do a thorough check of all staff. She also volunteered to visit my room to double check. Based on the search, it was found that a newly employed cleaner had taken it. She immediately contacted you to take necessary actions against him.

I would like to extend my gratitude towards the dedication of your hotel receptionist and appreciate you and your staff for the help. Also, I would recommend you install CCTV cameras and strengthen security to avoid such instances in the future.

Regards
Mani.