Task 2 GT evaluation required

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
faty

Task 2 GT evaluation required

Post by faty »

Some people think an employee must make decisions, some argue that a manager ought to lead companies. Discuss both and tell your opinion.
_______________________________________________________________________________________

With the proliferation of high-tech environment, companies have altered their trends for development. This progress is due to internal strategies adapted by organisations. On the one hand, it is believed that companies are meant to excel if trust is put on employees in making decisions. However, most organizations still rely on managers' opinion because of their skill set and experience.

It is perceived that employees are most likely to take interest in their jobs if they own a responsibility. In this way, workers can be given a chance to showcase their talents and suggest productive solutions to the problems without any fear. For example, On spot decisions can predict the capability of an individual to bear stress and outshine among his peers. This example shows that workers if given an open ground, can prove whether they are worth making a decision for the goodwill of the company or not.

However, many people support the idea of relying on managers to lead a company. This can be perceived in two ways; first, Managers have sufficient experience that enable them to conclude matters precisely. Second, they are capable enough to train their subordinates and thus can prove to be helpful for setting an opinion for company's growth. This however, may hinder an individual's capability and as a consequence, both the company and personal growth might suffer.

After analyzing these two points of view, I believe that employees should be given an open hand to play their part in leading an organization under supervision. This will prove to be beneficial for personal and professional development in the market and can bring opportunities for individual to learn survival techniques from their colleagues and managers.
faty

Re: Task 2 GT evaluation required

Post by faty »

this is just a little alteration to the actual post. I have changed the question a bit.
faty

Post by faty »

Can any one please evaluate it?
sos1947

Post by sos1947 »

faty I am reviewing since no one has, but there are better people to review this

1. The first para is missing an outline sentence. ( this essay will be ....)

2. Para 2
It is perceived that employees are most likely to take interest in their jobs ( they will "show" interest )
if they own a responsibility "for what ?" ("if the tasks are presented as their responsibility".)

In this way, workers can be given a chance to showcase their talents and suggest productive solutions ("possible solutions") to the problems without any fear ("without hesitation").

Looking at two sentences it is difficult to connect them, given a responsibility does not mean that an employee will show their talent. I think you meant given them an "opportunity" and they will show their "skills".

[ Now as a whole in Para 2 I am confused, what are you trying to prove here, only some employees are capable of making decisions ? the one who can prove themselves, are worthy to include in decision panel ? but that's not what question is asking. I think you went off-topic]

Anyway this is my feedback, feel free to ignore ;-)
faty

Post by faty »

sos1947 wrote:faty I am reviewing since no one has, but there are better people to review this

1. The first para is missing an outline sentence. ( this essay will be ....)

2. Para 2
It is perceived that employees are most likely to take interest in their jobs ( they will "show" interest )
if they own a responsibility "for what ?" ("if the tasks are presented as their responsibility".)

In this way, workers can be given a chance to showcase their talents and suggest productive solutions ("possible solutions") to the problems without any fear ("without hesitation").

Looking at two sentences it is difficult to connect them, given a responsibility does not mean that an employee will show their talent. I think you meant given them an "opportunity" and they will show their "skills".

[ Now as a whole in Para 2 I am confused, what are you trying to prove here, only some employees are capable of making decisions ? the one who can prove themselves, are worthy to include in decision panel ? but that's not what question is asking. I think you went off-topic]

Anyway this is my feedback, feel free to ignore ;-)
Hey! Thank a lot! I guess i went off the topic a bit. Thats right! The main problem is that i get out of vocabulary. The right word of choice becomes difficult for me and this is what they need. Also, yes I re read my para 2 and it sounds a little vague. Thanks! Let me re write it.