Task 2 Some people think that strict punishments for driving....

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
ericphamhoang

Task 2 Some people think that strict punishments for driving....

Post by ericphamhoang »

Hi, I'm a newbie in IELTS. This is my IELTS writing for task 2. Could you please check and feel give me ur feedbacks :)

Some people think that strict punishments for driving offences are the key to reducing traffic accidents. Others, however, believe that other measures would be more effective in improving road safety.
Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.

Despite the fact that traffic accidents are become more popular, it remains a contentious issue. Some people consider that the government should provide stricter punishments for driving offences but I believe it is not the best solution for the current complicated traffic situation.
Traffic offences are misdeed caused by human. Every year, many people lost their life or got fatal injuries from traffic accidents which commonly come from alcohol and drug abuse, tired drivers or careless pedestrians. In order to reduce traffic accidents, many governments have put into practice many methods. The use of phones while driving has been banned in many countries. Speed cameras have become more common. In Australia, drivers could lose theirs driving license permanently if they got caught using alcohol and over speed.
However, in spite of rising punishments, traffic accident cases are increasing dramatically. It’s undeniable that in most of the cases, the causes of accidents are human faults. But on the other hands, it may include objective factors like weather, road qualities or vehicle faults. For example, driving in foggy weather in the morning is the fear of most drivers. Therefore, in developed countries, instead of raising punishments, authorities focus on improving road qualities and traffic signal systems. Television campaigns are used to remind people to drive carefully and cars need to have certificates (road worthy) before registration.
To conclude, it is clear that strict punishments are good methods to reduce traffic accidents but governments should also improve road infrastructure quality to lessen traffic accidents.