Please assess my writing! - Writing task1

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
niloo

Please assess my writing! - Writing task1

Post by niloo »

This line graph illustrates the average amount of rainfall in some countries in 2004. The volume of precipitation is measured in millimeters.
Overall, as can be seen, rainfall in these countries in the year 2004 was seasonal and they experienced more rainy days in fall and winter in comparison to spring and summer.
The most amount of average rainfall was in the month October with about 6mm as well as July and August which had almost the same amount (slightly under 60mm). While in September the volume of precipitation had a considerable decrease by about 10mm. Also a dramatic decline can be observed in November and December.
On the other hand, February, March and April were the driest months with average amount of more or less 40mm which precede by a rise in January with the volume of 50mm and followed by an increase in June and July with below 50mm of precipitation.

David.IELTS.Examiner
IELTS Examiner
IELTS Examiner

Re: Please assess my writing! - Writing task1

Post by David.IELTS.Examiner »

Hello!

You need to include more figures in your answer. As there are only 12 months, this is reasonable. Also make sure that the figures are correct - I think you have divided some figures by ten! Also be careful because not all countries have winter at the same time - UK and Australia.

Grammar and vocabulary are generally good.

All the best,
David
niloo

Re: Please assess my writing! - Writing task1

Post by niloo »

David.IELTS.Examiner wrote:Hello!

You need to include more figures in your answer. As there are only 12 months, this is reasonable. Also make sure that the figures are correct - I think you have divided some figures by ten! Also be careful because not all countries have winter at the same time - UK and Australia.

Grammar and vocabulary are generally good.

All the best,
David
Dear
Thanks for the correction, very helpful. :)
Regards