Writing(to reach)Band 8 Task 1;2 letters,feedback Appreciated

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
anoops911

Writing(to reach)Band 8 Task 1;2 letters,feedback Appreciated

Post by anoops911 »

Write a letter to your college’s administration department complaining about the college’s facilities.
In your letter include:
-what the problem is
-how this problem has affected you
-what the college should do to fix this problem

Dear Mr.John,
I am a third year research student and I am writing this letter with regards to the poor library condition of our college.
Since last 2 months, I am very disturbed because of our pathetic college library condition. It is impossible to sit, read and concentrate in the library due to the persistent noise level coming from the air conditioning. I have also seen few spots which has water leakage, many at times my clothes had stained due the dirty water seeping in from the air conditioning ducts. As you know, library is the one and the only critical source of information in order to complete my research work on time. Therefore, I am not able to concentrate and finish my work schedule sitting in the library due to the fore said problems.

I would really appreciate if you could take up the issue with the concerned maintenance staff so that they can look into the problem before it gets out of hand. I would also like to point out that the water leak could damage the important library books and this can lead to a very embarrassing situation for our college. So, I am hoping that this will be fixed as soon as possible or else I am planning to get enrolled with some other library, for which, I have to work after college hours.

I look forward to hearing back from you soon. Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Anoop
Last edited by anoops911 on Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
anoops911

Re: Writing(to reach)Band 8 Task 1;2 letters,feedback Appreciated

Post by anoops911 »

You went on a sightseeing trip with a tour company but did not like it. Write a letter to the company manager to complain. In your letter include:
why you went on the trip
what you did not like about it
what you suggest the company do to improve their service for future visitors.

Dear Mr.John,

I had recently been on your 8 days Swiss Alps tour during the first week of March,2015 and I am writing this letter to let you know that I am really unsatisfied with the whole tour experience.

First of all, my primary objective of the tour was to relax, explore the cuisine and enjoy the beauty of the Swiss Alps. I also wanted to see the snow, spend time playing on the snow as well to be on a snow capped mountain. To my dismay, none of these things happened on the tour even though your tour itinerary clearly covered most of the things which I had looked forward to see. The tour experience over all was too hectic and to me, it was like a formula one pit stop. I didn’t get enough time neither to enjoy the beauty nor could enjoy the cuisine at the restaurants as I was afraid that I would miss the bus. The tour was also poorly planned because in spite of prior bad weather warning, we tried to go to Mount Titlis which we later ended up missing completely.

It would be great if you could relook at the itinerary and make the whole tour relaxed so that the tourists can spend enough time sightseeing and enjoying the marvelous Swiss landscape. You can also have alternative options planned in advance by looking at the weather forecasts so that the tour does not miss out any major attractions.

Hope you will take my feedback positively and it helps to improve the whole Swiss Alps tour experience.

Sincerely yours,

Anoop