Please, assess my writing T1

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
mkhitaryan

Please, assess my writing T1

Post by mkhitaryan »

The chart illustrates how much an average household spent on restaurant versus home cooking meals for every 10 year from 1980 to 2010. The graph shows how many times annually on average a family ate meals in fast-food and sit-down restaurants over the same period of time.

Overall, an average family started to spend larger share of their food budget on restaurant meals. Moreover, the number of meals in both fast-food and sit-down restaurants increased from 1980 to 2010.

With regard to the amount of food budget spent on restaurant meals, it rose from 10% to 15% from 1980 to 1990. It was followed by a significant increase of 20% by 2000. Eventually, both home cooking and restaurant meals separately accounted for 50% of food budget of an average household.

In 1980, an average family ate equal 20 times in fast-food and sit-down restaurants. It is observed that sit-down restaurants appeared to be more popular from 1980 to 1990. The turning point in the popularity occurred during 1990s when the sharp increase in the number of fast-food meals overthrow ones in sit-down restaurants. This tendency remained the same in 2000 and 2010. The highest number was recorded in 2010 when an average family ate fast-food and sit-down restaurant meals correspondingly 90 and 50 times.
Attachments
the graphs
the graphs
fast_sit.JPG (43.71 KiB) Viewed 892 times
shaikhrulez

Re: Please, assess my writing T1

Post by shaikhrulez »

@mkhitaryan your writing looks pretty good man, but I am just a beginner let's expert do the talking :D
Below is my write-up on the above displayed graph. Kindly assess my writing too.

There are two scenarios portrayed in the graphs over the period of 30 years. Pie chart demonstrates the percentage of food budget spent on restaurant meals and home cooking from 1980 to 2010. Whereas, the line graph depicts comparison of fast-food meals versus sit-down restaurant meals during the same period.

Between the years 1980 and 1990 only 10 to 15 percent of the total food budget was spent on restaurant meals. We see a 20% rise in subsequent years which eventually led to spending of half of the food budget being spent on restaurant meals in 2010.

As the line graph shows, during the year 1980 number of fast-food and sit-down restaurant meals was same. Later, in 1990 number of sit-down meals slightly surpasses the fast-food meals, though the rise of sit-down meals not remain the same in succeeding years. We see a constant rise in fast-food meals after 1990. Conversely, sit-down meals witnessed a very slow pace during the same period.
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Re: Please, assess my writing T1

Post by Flick »

mkhitaryan wrote:The chart illustrates how much an average household spent on restaurant versus home cooking meals every 10 years from 1980 to 2010. The graph shows how many times annually on average a family ate meals in fast-food and sit-down restaurants over the same period of time.

Between 1980 and 2010, the average family started to spend larger share of their food budget on restaurant meals, increasing from 10 to 50% by 2010. Moreover, the number of meals in both fast-food and sit-down restaurants increased from 20 meals per year to 85 and 45 respectively.

With regard to the amount of food budget spent on restaurant meals, it rose from 10% to 15% from 1980 to 1990. It was followed by a significant increase of 20% by 2000. Eventually, both home cooking and restaurant meals separately accounted for 50% of the food budget of an average household.

In 1980, an average family ate 20 times each in fast-food and sit-down restaurants. It is clear that sit-down restaurants appeared to be more popular from 1980 to 1990. The turning point in the popularity occurred during 1990s, when the sharp increase in the number of fast-food meals overtook the number of meals in sit-down restaurants. This tendency remained the same in 2000 and 2010. The highest number was recorded in 2010 when an average family ate fast-food and sit-down restaurant meals correspondingly 85 and 45 times per year.