recycyling

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
ucheoma

recycyling

Post by ucheoma »

SOME PEOPLE CLAIM THAT NOT ENOUGH OF THE WASTE FROM HOMES IS RECYCLYED.THEY SAY THAT THE ONLY WAY TO INCREASE RECYCLING IS FOR GOVERNMENT TO MAKE IT A LEGAL REQUIREMENT.

TO WHAT EXTENT DO YOU THINK LAWS ARE NEEDED TO MAKE PEOPLE RECYCLE MORE OF THEIR WASTE?

Over time, it is always been taught that people should practice the idea of reprocessing the trash they produce from their houses. However it is been noticed that housekeepers do not obey this trend. Some people believe that enacting laws will make households to take this seriously. In my own opinion, I think this is a good step in the right direction.

To begin with, the idea of salvaging of wastes come with so much benefits .Firstly, it reduces the cost of production for companies. For examples a glass producing company may not need to manufacture new set of glasses when the institution already have some used bottles at his disposal. This helps to save production time as well as cost for the company. Secondly, sorting of trash helps to prevent common health hazards among health workers. For instance, putting pins and needles together with other things can lead to needle puncture and is also been considered as one of the routes for transmitting the deadly human immunodeficiency virus(HIV) though in a lesser percentage. Lastly, it is now known that wastes can serve as a good source of fertilizer. When all sorts of wastes or trash are put together, it wont allow proper decomposition of these wastes to produce fertilizers.

As anticipated, humans behave more responsibly when rules are made regarding certain things. It has now become important to place strict laws to enable humans to comply with this. These include imposing fines to be paid by defaulter of the law. Other sanction can include suspending operations of an institution that defaults thereby acting as a strong deterrent.

Taking everything into consideration, I am convinced that imposing sanctions will go a long way to forcing people to obey recycling rules as the benefits of the process are quite enormous when we practice it.
David.IELTS.Examiner
IELTS Examiner
IELTS Examiner

Re: recycyling

Post by David.IELTS.Examiner »

Hello!

If people do not follow the trend, then is it really a trend?

I think you have made some very good points in the first main paragraph.

However, the second main paragraph is weak. What about things that cannot be recycled easily? When you talk about recycling, do you mean that people must recycle things themselves? I'm not sure I know how to take apart a mobile phone and recycle it. It might be dangerous and would certainly take a long time.

The fact that the second main paragraph is quite short emphasizes that it lacks development.

All the best,
David
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Re: recycyling

Post by Flick »

ucheoma wrote:SOME PEOPLE CLAIM THAT NOT ENOUGH OF THE WASTE FROM HOMES IS RECYCLYED.THEY SAY THAT THE ONLY WAY TO INCREASE RECYCLING IS FOR GOVERNMENT TO MAKE IT A LEGAL REQUIREMENT.

TO WHAT EXTENT DO YOU THINK LAWS ARE NEEDED TO MAKE PEOPLE RECYCLE MORE OF THEIR WASTE?

Over time, it is always been taught that people should practice the idea of reprocessing the trash they produce from their houses.(<--Reword to: "Recently, it has become more common for households to recycle rubbish instead of throwing it out.") However, it has been noticed that some households do not follow this trend. Some people believe that enacting laws will make households take this issue seriously. In my opinion, I think this is a step in the right direction.

To begin with, the idea of salvaging waste material comes with so much benefits. Firstly, it reduces the cost of production for companies. For example, a glass producing company may not need to manufacture a new set of glasses when the company already has some used bottles at its disposal. This helps to save production time as well as cost for the company. Secondly, sorting trash helps to prevent common health hazards among health workers. For instance, putting pins and needles together with other things can lead to serious injuries, and is also considered one of the routes for transmitting the deadly human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), though in a lesser percentage. Lastly, it is now known that wastes can serve as a good source of fertilizer. When all sorts of wastes or trash are put together, it won't allow proper decomposition of these wastes to produce fertilizers.

As anticipated, humans behave more responsibly when rules are made regarding certain things. It has now become important to create strict laws to ensure humans comply with this. These include imposing fines to be paid by the defaulter of the law. Other sanctions can include suspending operations of a company that defaults, thereby acting as a strong deterrent.

Taking everything into consideration, I am convinced that imposing sanctions will go a long way to forcing people to obey recycling rules, as the benefits of the process are quite enormous when we practice it.