General Writing Task 1 - Missing item on a train

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
schedup

General Writing Task 1 - Missing item on a train

Post by schedup »

Q. You have lost an item of value in a train.
Write a letter to the railway company. In your letter
• Describe the item
• Explain where and when you left it
• Say what action you would like the company to take

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am writing to report the lost case of item on one of your trains.

I was travelling from New Delhi to Agra to visit Taj Mahal. Upon getting off the train at around 5:15 pm, I realized that my wallet was missing. By then, the train had already left the station. It was a black leather with band name “POLO”. It holds my credit card, driving license, office swipe key and few amount of cash approximately $390.

I was sitting on the 2nd Seat of the compartment VII. As far as I recollect, I am pretty sure that I have not moved from that seat until I got off the train upon reaching Agra station. I also remember taking out the ticket from the purse at around 4:50 pm.

Therefore, I would like to request you to assist me in finding my missing wallet. Please contact me at 00975 00110786 if you find the item of the above description.

Looking forward to hear from you soon,

Sonam
schedup

Re: General Writing Task 1 - Missing item on a train

Post by schedup »

Dear all,

I would like to request you all to kindly assess my writings. My exam is on 25th June 2016.

Thank you for spending your time.

regards,
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Post by Flick »

schedup wrote:Q. You have lost an item of value in a train.
Write a letter to the railway company. In your letter
• Describe the item
• Explain where and when you left it
• Say what action you would like the company to take

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am writing to report a lost item on one of your trains.

I was travelling from New Delhi to Agra to visit Taj Mahal. Upon getting off the train at around 5:15 pm, I realized that my wallet was missing. By then, the train had already left the station. It was black leather with “POLO” on it. It holds my credit card, driving license, office swipe key and small amount of cash, approximately $390.

I was sitting in the second seat of compartment VII. I am pretty sure that I did not move from that seat until I got off the train at Agra station. I also remember taking my ticket out of my wallet at around 4:50 pm.

Therefore, I would like to request you to assist me in finding my missing wallet. Please contact me at 00975 00110786 if you find the item described above.

Looking forward to hear from you soon,

Sonam
schedup

Post by schedup »

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you very much for the assessment..

looking forward for the same ,

Schedup