General IELTS writing task 1 - Complain to neighbour

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
schedup

General IELTS writing task 1 - Complain to neighbour

Post by schedup »

Q. You have a problem with a neighbour.
Write a letter to your neighbour. In your letter
• Describe the problem
• Say how long it has been a problem
• Explain what action you want the neighbour to take

Dear neighbour,

I am writing to complain about your recent activities happening at night.

I am your neighbour, living next to you, at 12 Hingingbotham Street. I do understand that you have been trying to fix the things at your kitchen side. But the noises from the drills and other tools are dragging us mad. It has been a week now and I have not been able to concentrate on my important project. With little more than a week for the project completion, I really need to focus on this job. It is critical for my company, and in particular, it is vital for my carrier progression. Therefore, I will have to concentrate on the completion of the assignment on the speculated timeline.

I do acknowledge that you have been trying to minimize the disturbance in the community, I would like to urge you to refrain from letting the workers do overtime especially during the late night.

Looking forward for your cooperation,

Sonam
schedup

Re: General IELTS writing task 1 - Complain to neighbour

Post by schedup »

Dear all,

I would like to request you all to kindly assess my writings. My exam is on 25th June 2016.

Thank you for spending your time.

regards,
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Re: General IELTS writing task 1 - Complain to neighbour

Post by Flick »

schedup wrote:Q. You have a problem with a neighbour.
Write a letter to your neighbour. In your letter
• Describe the problem
• Say how long it has been a problem
• Explain what action you want the neighbour to take

Dear neighbour,

I am writing to complain about your recent evening activities.

I am your neighbour from 12 Hingingbotham Street. I do understand that you have been trying to renovate your kitchen. But the noise from the drills and other tools are driving us mad. It has been a week now and I have not been able to concentrate on an important project for work. With little more than a week until the project's deadline, I really need to focus on this job. It is critical for my company, and in particular, it is vital for my carrier progression. Therefore, I will have to concentrate on the completion of this assignment for the coming week.

I do acknowledge that you have been trying to minimize the disturbance to the community, I would like to urge you to refrain from letting the workers do overtime, especially during the late night.

Looking forward for your cooperation,

Sonam