Please help me on my writing task 2 - Tourism

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
levy.omer@gmail.com

Please help me on my writing task 2 - Tourism

Post by levy.omer@gmail.com »

The tourist industry has grown enormously over the last fifty years, and there are few places which are unaffected by it. However, tourism rarely benefits the countries which tourists visit. To what extent do you agree or disagree. Write 250 words.

Over the last century, industrial improvements have created more free time to more people and, alongside this, cheaper and more comfortable possibilities to travel large distances. The industry that operates behind the scene of leisure time earns large amounts of money, but the distribution of this income in most cases is not proportional to the damage caused by tourists. Only in few cases one might find the opposite.

Generally speaking, western countries benefit from tourism. A good example for this is Italy for which an important part of its GDP comes from tourism. Due to the high costs of traveling in wealth countries, Japan included, there is a natural selection of good tourists who come and spend much more money causing relatively low burden.

The effect of international tourism to poor destinations is trickier. Those places attract a wider range of tourists of which some are looking solely to exploit their wealth. The population who lives in these tourist resorts heavily depends on tourism as a source of income and in many cases the costs do not cover the damage caused be seasonal tourists.

Tourism is a highly yielding industry. It has been estimated that about 80% of what a tourist spends becomes profit. The advantages, or disadvantages, of tourism cannot be examined on their own but rather on a larger nationwide scale that considers local aspects. Areas in which locals depends solely or mainly on one industry are more vulnerable to changes in that field. Furthermore, local authorities will be willing to sacrifice their territory and population in order to maintain a constant flow of money to the latter. Tourism is never a problem, but tourists and host might be.

I use a grammarly.com to check my writing before posting it.
Among others, the website has recommended to add "," after "cases" in the last line of the first and third paragraph and after "tourism" in "The advantages, or disadvantages, of tourism" in the fourth paragraph.
What do you think?
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Re: Please help me on my writing task 2 - Tourism

Post by Flick »

levy.omer@gmail.com wrote:The tourist industry has grown enormously over the last fifty years, and there are few places which are unaffected by it. However, tourism rarely benefits the countries which tourists visit. To what extent do you agree or disagree. Write 250 words.

Over the last century, industrial improvements have created more free time to more people and, alongside this, cheaper and more comfortable options to travel large distances. The industry that operates behind the scene of leisure time earns large amounts of money, but the distribution of this income in most cases is not proportional to the damage caused by tourists. Only in a few cases one might find the opposite.

Generally speaking, western countries benefit from tourism. A good example for this is Italy, for which an important part of its GDP comes from tourism. Due to the high costs of traveling in wealthy countries, Japan included, there is a natural selection of rich tourists who come and spend more money, causing a relatively low burden.

The effect of international tourism to poor destinations is trickier. Those places attract a wider range of tourists, of which some are looking solely to exploit their wealth. The population who lives in these tourist resorts heavily depends on tourism as a source of income and in many cases, the costs do not cover the damage caused by seasonal tourists.

Tourism is a highly profitable industry. It has been estimated that about 80% of what a tourist spends becomes profit. The advantages, or disadvantages, of tourism cannot be examined on their own, but rather on a larger nationwide scale that considers local aspects. Areas in which locals depend solely or mainly on one industry are more vulnerable to changes in that field. Furthermore, local authorities will be willing to sacrifice their territory and population in order to maintain a constant flow of money to the latter. Tourism is never a problem, but tourists and host might be.

I use a grammarly.com to check my writing before posting it.
Among others, the website has recommended to add "," after "cases" in the last line of the first and third paragraph and after "tourism" in "The advantages, or disadvantages, of tourism" in the fourth paragraph.
What do you think?