task 1 - complain- missing bank card

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
rairaichan0323

task 1 - complain- missing bank card

Post by rairaichan0323 »

You have received a letter from your bank, asking you to acknowledge receipt of a new bank card.
However, the card was missing from the envelope.
Write a letter to the bank's head office. In your letter
• explain why you are writing
• express concern about the missing card
• ask them what they intend to do
• You should write at least 150 words.
• Allow yourself 15 minutes for this task.
• you do NOT need to write your own address.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing to express my dissatisfaction with your unprofessional service and insecure system of your bank. Allow me to elaborate on why I am so perturbed.

I received a letter from your bank that asked me to confirm the receipt of the card. Unfortunately, the card was missing from the envelope. I was wondering that whether my card was stolen by someone or it was a mistake during the processing. The most I concern whether is someone already used my already or not? If so, will the bank repay me?

I have lost my confidence of your bank due to this happen. Therefore, I request you to investigate this matter as soon as possible and also expect to an explanation about this poor system. Most importantly, is it possible for the bank to cancel this card? Could you arrange a new replacement card and send it by secure means?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully

Janis Lam
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Re: task 1 - complain- missing bank card

Post by Flick »

rairaichan0323 wrote:You have received a letter from your bank, asking you to acknowledge receipt of a new bank card.
However, the card was missing from the envelope.
Write a letter to the bank's head office. In your letter
• explain why you are writing
• express concern about the missing card
• ask them what they intend to do
• You should write at least 150 words.
• Allow yourself 15 minutes for this task.
• you do NOT need to write your own address.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing to express my dissatisfaction with your unprofessional service and insecure delivery system. Allow me to elaborate on why I am so upset. (<-- 'upset' is a stronger word than 'perturbed'. You started your letter very clearly stating that you are not happy, so continuing to use strong, but polite, language helps to emphasize your point.)

I received a letter from your bank that asked me to confirm receipt of my new card. (<-- 'the card' is a little unspecific. It could be a birthday card, a blank card, etc.) Unfortunately, the card was missing from the envelope. I am concerned that my card may have been stolen by someone or there was a mistake during processing. My biggest concern is whether someone has already used it. If so, will the bank repay me?

I have lost confidence in your bank due to this. Therefore, I request that you investigate this matter as soon as possible and provide an explanation about this failure. Most importantly, is it possible for the bank to cancel this card? Please arrange a replacement card and send it by secure means?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully

Janis Lam
Well done. You are firm but polite and your requests are reasonable. Great job!
Flick