GT-Letter (inviting a friend to watch a movie)

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
paperheart

GT-Letter (inviting a friend to watch a movie)

Post by paperheart »

Write a letter to a friend inviting him/her to watch a movie that he/she wanted to see. Tell him/her

- What movie is it?
- Why do you think it might be interesting?
- Make arrangements to watch it together.

Dear John,
How have you been? I am sorry I have not written in awhile. I hope this letter finds you well. Since we have not met each other for quite some time, I would like to invite you for a movie at Golden Screen Cinema in Bayview Mall. It could also serves as our gathering session, after all we used to catch movies from time to time.

The movie title is "Meet the Fockers 2". As you know, we both watched the first sequel in year 2012, so I thought it would be great to catch the next sequel together again! I guess the story line for this sequel would be more interesting and hilarious as compared to the previous ones. This is because Ben Stiller collaborated with Adam Sandler in this movie, plus both of the actors are well known for their extensive comedian roles. Furthermore, it has received positive reviews from the major movie critics.

As for the arrangement of time and date, I personally favor to go on next Saturday (13th March) at 2pm as I have birthday discount on that day. Do let me know if you are okay with the plan.

Take care.

With love,
Janet
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Re: GT-Letter (inviting a friend to watch a movie)

Post by Flick »

paperheart wrote:Write a letter to a friend inviting him/her to watch a movie that he/she wanted to see. Tell him/her

- What movie is it?
- Why do you think it might be interesting?
- Make arrangements to watch it together.

Dear John,
How have you been? I am sorry I have not written in a while. I hope this letter finds you well. Since we have not met each other for quite some time, I would like to invite you to a movie at Golden Screen Cinema in Bayview Mall. It would be great to catch up here, like we used to.

The movie is "Meet the Fockers 2". As you know, we both watched the first sequel in year 2012, so I thought it would be great to catch the sequel together! I guess the story line for this sequel is more interesting and hilarious than the previous one. This is because Ben Stiller collaborated with Adam Sandler in this movie, plus both actors are well known for their extensive comedy roles. Furthermore, it has received positive reviews from major movie critics.

As for the time and date, I personally favor going next Saturday (13th March) at 2pm as I can get a birthday discount on that day. Do let me know if you are okay with this plan.

Take care.

With love,
Janet
The tone is a bit formal for a letter to a friend, but you do cover all the points required. Well done.