Topic of fashionable clothes

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
yhjsaber

Topic of fashionable clothes

Post by yhjsaber »

Many people like to wear fashionable clothes. Why do you think this is the case? Is this a good thing or bad thing?

It is true that there have been an increasing number of people wearing stylish clothes with a view to pursuing fashion. There are several factors contributing to this trend, which has various negative influences on people’s lives.

The foremost reason for this trend involves individuals’ adequate financial capacity which derives from the thriving economy. With an abundance of money being left after covering basic needs such as food, education and medical care, many people are entitled to equip themselves with better and more fashionable clothes. Another important factor is the urge of many adults to be more attractive and unique than others. This must involve wearing clothes with novel designs, allowing people, especially young adults to vividly display their distinct characteristics.

Despite that the high demand of fashionable garments can bring incentives to the economic development of a society, the negative effects of ceaselessly catching up with the newest fashion trend on people’s lives are numerous. One of which is that the considerable amount of money some people spend on luxurious stylish garments has made them suffer from financial deficits. It is often the case that a person ends up working excessively long hours in order to cover their huge expenses on clothing. In addition, people in pursuit of fashion are easily encouraged to be greedy and materialistic because they may find it difficult to give up the happiness resulting from satisfying their material needs. This could in turn make these people develop a sense of alienation as they tend to value material items more than meaningful relationships between people, leading to the deterioration of mutual respect in a society.

In conclusion, competent financial ability and the desire to be better and more unique than others are two causes driving people to purchase vogue wears. The decreasing level of mutual respect and the rise in the number of people suffering from financial difficulties as a result of the aforementioned trend can cause more drawbacks which counteracts the economical benefits it brings.
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Re: Topic of fashionable clothes

Post by Flick »

yhjsaber wrote:Many people like to wear fashionable clothes. Why do you think this is the case? Is this a good thing or bad thing?

It is true that there have been an increasing number of people wearing stylish clothes with a view to pursuing fashion. There are several factors contributing to this trend, which have (<-- this should be plural, 'have' not 'has', because you are talking about more than one factor.) various negative influences on people’s lives.

The foremost reason for this trend involves individuals’ adequate financial capacity which derives from the thriving economy. With an abundance of money being left over (<-- This left over money is referred to as 'disposable income'.) after covering basic needs such as food, education and medical care, many people choose to equip themselves with better and more fashionable clothes. Another important factor is the urge of many adults to be more attractive and unique than others. This must involve wearing clothes with novel designs, allowing people, especially young adults to vividly display their distinct characteristics.

Despite the high demand for fashionable garments bringing incentives to the economic development of a society, the negative effects of ceaselessly catching up with the newest fashion trend on people’s lives are numerous. One of which is that the considerable amount of money some people spend on luxurious and stylish garments has made them suffer from financial deficits. It is often the case that a person ends up working excessively long hours in order to cover their huge expenses on clothing. In addition, people in pursuit of fashion are easily encouraged to be greedy and materialistic because they may find it difficult to give up the happiness resulting from satisfying their material needs.(<-- You could say people are getting addicted to instant gratification.) This could in turn make these people develop a sense of alienation as they tend to value material items more than meaningful relationships between people, leading to the deterioration of mutual respect in a society. (<-- Well put!)

In conclusion, competent financial ability and the desire to be better and more unique than others are two causes driving people to purchase in vogue clothes. The decreasing level of mutual respect and the rise in the number of people suffering from financial difficulties as a result of the aforementioned trend can cause more drawbacks which counteracts the economic benefits it brings.
What is your opinion? Is this trend a good thing or a bad thing?
yhjsaber

Post by yhjsaber »

Hi Flick,

Thank you for your correct. I have learn a great amount from you. I agree that I should put my own opinion in the conclusion.

Cheers,
Carlen
tomjessy

Post by tomjessy »

It is very informative, I highly appreciate it. It’s very necessary to have a look at the budget before buying something especially clothes. But today is the day trendy fashion. We can’t even imagine us without fashion, and for that fashion shirts are very important. For me it is not a big deal as I am continuing my fashion trends with fashionshirts.com. It is providing the stuffs to me through online by consuming my time with an affordable price and also the materials used it are highly durable.