pls check my letter ! task1- request time off

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
rairaichan0323

pls check my letter ! task1- request time off

Post by rairaichan0323 »

You are studying overseas. You need to return to your country before the end of the semester for a family event. Write a letter to your supervisor. In your letter:
• Request time off
• Explain why you need to leave early
• Reassure him / her that your studies will not suffer
Dear Mr. Wood,

My name is Janis Lam and my student number is JA12345. I am currently taking a Master of Business Administration programme. I am writing to request two weeks’ time off before the end of the semester.

Unforeseen and pressing matter arose at home-my grandmother fell sick and was hospitalized. I am her only a granddaughter. As you can understand that she is in needs of support from me. Therefore, I would like to return to Hong Kong to visit and take care of her.

I would like to hand in my final assessment a week before the due date. I am wondering, if it is possible for you to arrange my final exam before returning to my country? I am sure that I can manage it and the time off will not affect my learning.

Thank you for your time and consideration. I hope you can comprehend my situation. I would be grateful, if you can consider this request at your earliest time.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours sincerely,

Janis Lam
durai

Re: pls check my letter ! task1- request time off

Post by durai »

Dear Mr. Wood,

My name is Janis Lam, and my student number is JA12345. I am currently studying a Master of Business Administration programme. I am writing to request two weeks off that comes before the end of 6th semester.

Unforeseen and pressing matter arose at home.My grandmother have fallen sick and hospitalized. I am her only granddaughter. As you can understand that she needs support from me. Therefore, I would like to return to Hong Kong to visit and take care of her at least for 2 weeks.

I am able to hand-in/ submit my final assessment work a week before the due date. I am wondering if it is possible for you to arrange my final exam before "after " would be suitable when considering following sentence returning to my country. I am sure that I can manage it and the time off will not affect my learning.

Thank you for your time and consideration. I hope you would comprehend my situation. I would be grateful, if you can consider this request at your earliest time.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours sincerely,

Janis Lam

one main problem. Question is about you need time off for a family event, this is something like parties, wedding ceremonies, birthday celebrations. Obviously, I don't think your grandmother sickness would be suitable here.

looks band 5.5 to 6.
JAN 2014 L 8.5 R 8 W 6.5 S 6.5
FEB 2014 L 8 R 8 W 7 S 6.5
APR 2014 L 8 R 9 W 6.5 S 7
JUN 2014 L 8.5 R 7 W 6.5 S 6
July 2014 L 8.5 R 7 W 6.5 S 6.5
OCT 2014 L 7.5 R 7 W 7 S 7
rairaichan0323

Re: pls check my letter ! task1- request time off

Post by rairaichan0323 »

thank you Durai. i agreed with your comment :)