Please review and assess.

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
simar178

Please review and assess.

Post by simar178 »

Your friend is coming over from a different city to attend your relative’s wedding and you cannot meet him/her at the airport. Write a letter to him/her and say

- Apologise about the situation.
- Explain why you can’t meet him/her at the airport.
- Give directions to the hotel that is already booked for him/her.

Dear Kavita,

I hope this letter finds you in good health. I am very excited to see you after a long time and I am thankful to you that you have managed to attend my cousin's wedding. Unfortunately, owing to some official work I will not be able to receive you at the airport and I am really sorry for that.

There are some pending work which I have to complete before going on leaves and sadly, these days I am working overtime at workforce. I have already booked a room for you at hotel Leela palace. It is approximately 10 kilometres far from the airport. Taxi can be easily approachable from the airport which will take you to the hotel at minimal rates. When you get down to the hotel ask the receptionist about the room from my first name. In the evening I will come to see you then we will go to my relative's place.

I hope you understand my condition and enjoy your journey. I am waiting eagerly to see you. Happy Journey.

Regards,
Simar