Please help me assessing my writing task 1 for GT

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
vikasggn

Please help me assessing my writing task 1 for GT

Post by vikasggn »

You are a member of an organization which meets regularly at a particular restaurant. The most recent meal you had there was not satisfactory.
Write a letter to the manager of the restaurant. In your letter
Explain why you are writing
Describe what went wrong with the meal and service
Suggest what the manager should do to ensure that you and your group return to the restaurant.

================================================================================
Dear Sir/Madam

I am the president of State Athletic Association and we are regular visitors to your restaurant for past few years. I am writing to you is to highlight one of the bitter experiences we had while having a lunch at your restaurant last Friday.
It was a team get together to celebrate the victory of one of our athletes. After giving the order, we were all sitting at a table waiting for the meals. All of a sudden, one of your waiters asked us to change the seats for some other priority guests. This looked really awkward but we did not have a choice. Food was delayed because of all this and we were served with some cold soups.

The problem did not end here. During billing, we spotted an extra burger added to our bill which took us another 15 minutes for correction. One of our fellow athletes had to miss his train because of this.

Entire group is really annoyed and we are looking forward for a complete refund of our money. I don’t think we would be able to come back to your restaurant under any other circumstance.
Looking forward for a positive response.

Yours Truly
John
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Re: Please help me assessing my writing task 1 for GT

Post by Flick »

vikasggn wrote:You are a member of an organization which meets regularly at a particular restaurant. The most recent meal you had there was not satisfactory.
Write a letter to the manager of the restaurant. In your letter
Explain why you are writing
Describe what went wrong with the meal and service
Suggest what the manager should do to ensure that you and your group return to the restaurant.

================================================================================
Dear Sir/Madam

I am the president of State Athletic Association and we have beenregular visitors to your restaurant for past few years. I am writing to you is to highlight one of the bitter experiences we had while having a lunch at your restaurant last Friday. (<-- Reword to: However, last Friday we had a terrible experience at your restaurant which I was compelled to complain about.)
It was a team get together to celebrate the victory of one of our athletes. After giving our order, we were all sitting at a table waiting for the meals. All of a sudden, one of your waiters asked us to change seats for some other priority guests. This looked really awkward but we did not have a choice. Food was delayed because of all this and some of our meals were cold by the time we received them.

The problems did not end here. During billing, we spotted an extra burger added to our bill which took another 15 minutes to correct. One of our fellow athletes missed his train because of this.

The entire group is really upset and we would like a complete refund of our money. I don’t think we will be able to come back to your restaurant under any other circumstance.

Looking forward to a positive response.

Yours truly
John
vikasggn

Re: Please help me assessing my writing task 1 for GT

Post by vikasggn »

Thanks Flick.

Regards
Vikas