please have a look on my task 2 on online media vs printed

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
masudsust07

please have a look on my task 2 on online media vs printed

Post by masudsust07 »

With the recent developments in technology like e-books, some people feel that printed media like books, newspapers, and magazines will soon be a thing of the past. Others feel that these forms of media will never disappear. What is your opinion?

In the modern world, the advancement of technology is conquering every corner of our lives. Even the reading habit of a person is influenced by modern technology. This is evident from the popularity of electronic books, online newspapers and journals. Although , this development gives birth of a notion that traditional printed books , newspaper or journal would no longer be used in the future , I believe that these types of mass media never loses its appeal to general people.

Firstly, it is true that the first growing information technology is providing the people with the real time valuable information with a click of a computer’s mouse. The invention of internet paves the way for readers to find news within a minute from any parts of the world. This has significantly saves the time and energy of the readers. Moreover, online newspaper provides on demand news service, which is not possible in case of printed-paper.

A second reason is that people do not need to carry a heavy book or large sized newspaper in their bags any more. This is possible because of the creation of online bookstores such as Amazon which offering an opportunity to readers to read book even when they are in travel.

However, the appeal for reading printed books and newspaper will remain same to many people.The pleasure of touching and feelings of printed books is something beyond description. For instance, i like to read printed Nobel book because it gives me relaxing mood and takes me in a dreamland when i look through the pictures of the book. This kind of feelings cannot be found in computer screen. In addition to this, many people collect books to give it to another person as a gift or just as to keep it as a souvenir. Above all, not all of the people are well equipped with technology that needed to get access to online services. So they are still depend on the printed version of mass media.

In conclusion, my opinion is that the application of Smartphone and computer will certainly dominate the people’s choice of reading in the upcoming days, but the reader’s love for printed media will not be entirely vanished as it provides them a scope to escape from stress in their busy life.
Last edited by masudsust07 on Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
saqibali

Re: please have a look on my task 2 on online media vs print

Post by saqibali »

Too big essay
Limited free classes and unlimited best IELTS material at below link
https://www.facebook.com/pages/IELTS-No ... 3123916148