IELTS GT Writing Task 2 - Pls Comment on my essay attempt 2

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
charles205

IELTS GT Writing Task 2 - Pls Comment on my essay attempt 2

Post by charles205 »

02.question
Watching TV is an effective way of educating children. Children should be encouraged to watch TV regularly at home and at school. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this ?

Answer:

The effectiveness of teaching young people is largely increased with the use of multimedia based technologies. It can be due to this, the television (TV) has given some consideration. However, it is argued that TV is not as productive as in children’s learning process because it fails to provide necessary level of exercise and feedback which are essentials of an effective learning process.

Having enough physical exercise is a key aspect of child’s mental and physical development, but with TV programmes this is rather difficult or impractical. For example, recent government’s research on children below 15 years has shown that much of their time is spent idling in front of a TV. Furthermore, the tendency to take significant amount of junk food is also high during such time. This results in lower heartbeat, blood circulation and metabolism which risk the healthy development of mind and body. Thus it is clear how TV can be ineffective in children’s education.

The regular feedback ensures the continuous improvement, and children get the best if it is a part of the learning process. Unfortunately, TV can do very little about this. For instance, even the bestselling children’s TV programme in my region “Smart Teacher” doesn't have a feedback feature. Therefore, the guardian at home and the teachers at school have little idea on the learning potentials of the programme and have no clue on how to order and prioritize for the best result. It can be due to this, the TV would not be a reliable source for the children’s education.

In conclusion, TV has some potential due to its rich multimedia features, but making children to watch it regularly is not supported after the analysis done on its effectiveness. Instead, other alternatives should be considered which provide required level of physical stimulation and feedback.
charles205

Re: IELTS GT Writing Task 2 - Pls Comment on my essay attemp

Post by charles205 »

Pls comment on my essay no 02. What should be improved ?
masudsust07

Post by masudsust07 »

try to use synonyms of words such as because of , as ,since instead of due to. you have used this word a lot of time. put more emphasis on introduction and maintain logical sequence. gook luck :)
charles205

Post by charles205 »

Thanks, do you think the essay introduction and coherence is not good for band 7 ? I need to achieve it somehow. pls comment.
saqibali

Post by saqibali »

Dear Charles,
For band 7, you need improvement.Spent more time on practice and you will ace it :D Do not worry
Limited free classes and unlimited best IELTS material at below link
https://www.facebook.com/pages/IELTS-No ... 3123916148
charles205

Post by charles205 »

hi saqibali,
Thanks. Can you rate my essay. Does it need some more to get band 7?
saqibali

Post by saqibali »

Definitely
Limited free classes and unlimited best IELTS material at below link
https://www.facebook.com/pages/IELTS-No ... 3123916148
charles205

Post by charles205 »

It would be helpful if you point them out.
Piazzi

Post by Piazzi »

In my opinion, you already has achieved band 7.0

Look the band description given by IELTs, and you will notice that your essay fill the features of a band 7 essay.
ginger90

Post by ginger90 »

Piazzi wrote:In my opinion, you already has achieved band 7.0

Look the band description given by IELTs, and you will notice that your essay fill the features of a band 7 essay.
pls assess my writing also :(
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2694
ginger90

Post by ginger90 »

saqibali wrote:Dear Charles,
For band 7, you need improvement.Spent more time on practice and you will ace it :D Do not worry
pls assess my writing also :(
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2694
charles205

Post by charles205 »

Piazzi wrote:In my opinion, you already has achieved band 7.0

Thanks for the comment.