Please comment on my Essay and give me feedback

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
Ali Ehsan

Please comment on my Essay and give me feedback

Post by Ali Ehsan »

Task
The internet has dramatically changed the way we access information. Some people think that there is a lot of harmful content with very little regulation online, and argue that strict policies are needed to regulate the internet. Others oppose this view and think that the internet should not be regulated. Discuss both the views and give your opinion.

Today accessing information is not as difficult as it was few years back. Internet has played a vital role in making information available to all; cheaply and readily. This dramatic access to all sort of information has sparked controversy over its harmful effects. Some people are concerned that the use of internet needs to be regulated by implementing strict policies. While others believe that information on internet should be available to all without any control. It is agreed that strict control should be placed while accessing information through internet.

Since there is all sort of information available on the internet, its use should be restricted by implementing certain policies so that only the relevant information is accessed by concerned people. For example, children and teenagers should be restricted from viewing adult websites which would bring negative impact on their minds. On this basis, viewers discretion policy is need to be implemented in order to restrict such websites to suitable viewers.

On the other hand, through internet the world has become a global village. In today’s world of technology and advancement, most information is only a single click away from an individual. Restricting the access to information available on internet by implementing strict policies would create problem to its users and decrease its benefits.

After analyzing both views on getting information via internet, it is clear that internet has its own benefits in terms of saving money and time, but one cannot deny the fact that the information acquired through internet is sometimes misused. The only way to reduce its harmful content is by implementing strict policies.
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Re: Please comment on my Essay and give me feedback

Post by Flick »

Ali Ehsan wrote:Task
The internet has dramatically changed the way we access information. Some people think that there is a lot of harmful content with very little regulation online, and argue that strict policies are needed to regulate the internet. Others oppose this view and think that the internet should not be regulated. Discuss both the views and give your opinion.

Nowadays accessing information is not as difficult as it was a few years back. The Internet has played a vital role in making information available to all; cheaply and readily. This dramatic access to all sorts of information has sparked controversy over its harmful effects. Some people are concerned that the use of the Internet needs to be regulated by implementing strict policies. While others believe that information on the Internet should be available to all without any control. It is agreed that strict control should be in place while accessing information through the Internet.

Since there is all sort of information available on the Internet, its use should be restricted by implementing certain policies so that only the relevant information is accessed by concerned people. For example, children and teenagers should be restricted from viewing adult websites which could have a negative impact on their minds. On this basis, viewers discretion policy needs to be implemented in order to restrict such websites to suitable viewers.

On the other hand, through the Internet the world has become a global village. In today’s world of technology and advancement, most information is only a single click away from an individual. Restricting the access to information available on the Internet by implementing strict policies would create problems for its users and decrease its benefits.

After analyzing both views on getting information via the Internet, it is clear that the Internet has its own benefits in terms of saving money and time, but one cannot deny the fact that the information acquired through the Internet is sometimes misused. The only way to reduce its harmful content is by implementing strict policies.
Ali Ehsan

Re: Please comment on my Essay and give me feedback

Post by Ali Ehsan »

Dear Flick,
Thanks for making the corrections.

BR,
Ali