W T2 - Please consult me

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
tank4girl

W T2 - Please consult me

Post by tank4girl »

A large proportion of people live and work in other countries today than at any time in the past. It is very probable that in the future there will be no borders and people will be able to move freely between countries.
To what extent do you agree with this opinion?

Since the dawn of time humans have migrated to other locations out of personal or business reasons. This is even more apparent today, when a tremendous number of people has emigrated from their home lands to work or marry in another country or even continent. Thus it is strongly agreed that this process of mobility is already in motion and in the future free movement between countries will be even more possible. This will be shown by taking into account the mobility initiatives of the European Union as well as global immigration trends.

Firstly, in the past few decades the EU has launched various mobility programs, ranging from student scholarships, to skilled workers projects, with the main focus of such initiatives being strengthening cultural diversity and encouraging further education. One example of this is for instance the Erasmus Mundus Scholarship program introduced for students from non EU countries and the Western Balkan region. Thus the conclusion is that these and similar programs will continue to expand and progress catalyzing freedom of mobility in the future.

Moreover, immigration trends in the undeveloped countries have peaked in the past years due to the difficult living conditions in those countries on one hand and the deficiencies of skilled labor in the developed countries on the other. This is best seen in the example of the Canadian skilled workers program which is undertaking measures to populate its vast north territories with European and Asian immigrant workers. This goes to show how the future brings only more freedom to those taking part in the mobility procedures, since employment opportunities, the precursors of immigration promise a positive outcome for International mobility.

Having analyzed the fore coming events triggered by the two mentioned topics - the beneficial effects of the EU mobility programs and the prosperous outcomes of the immigration development it is safe to confirm once again the agreement with the fact that people will be able to move freely between countries in the future.
tank4girl

Re: W T2 - Please consult me

Post by tank4girl »

Well thanks for all of your comments, advice and suggestions! :D

I had my test today and I did really bad.
If you thought my previous post/essay was bad, what I did today was even worse... :(
I was so nervous and blocked I couldnt remember what I was supposed to do.
I dont know which of my two tasks I did worse - 1 or 2.

In the first task I had a simple table, with percentage change between two years - basic, right?
But I didnt know where to start and I am not even sure if I wrote the required number of words.
My task 2 was also easy, but sadly I had practiced only the argument essay structure, but got the suggest a solution question. About fresh water shortage. I immediately assumed the question was about drinking water, now I am doubting if it was about fresh water in general? o.O

And here as well i dont know if I have enough words, cause there just wasnt enough time for me to organize my thoughts and I just started writing like crazy whatever came to mind. I am dissapointed and just want to let everyone know to prepare a lot of time in advance. I thought i knew English well, but I will probably fail the writing, because of my messed up thoughts. :(
tank4girl

Re: W T2 - Please consult me

Post by tank4girl »

Ok, so it turns out i am just to self critical.
I got my September 6th 2014 Academic IELTS test results today and I got an overall band 8.0! :D

I was blown away!

Listening: 9.0
Reading: 7.5
Writing: 7.0
Speaking: 8.5

So don't you ever trust yourself and just do your best! :)