Please criticize task 1 (Word count 219)

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
tejas_gokhale01

Please criticize task 1 (Word count 219)

Post by tejas_gokhale01 »

You should spend about 20 minutes on this task.

You are going on a short course to a training college abroad. It is a college that you have not been to before.

Write a letter to the accommodation officer. In your letter

give details of your course and your arrival/departure date
explain your accommodation needs
ask for information about getting to and from the college

Write at least 150 words.

You do NOT need to write any addresses.

Begin your letter as follows:

Dear ................. ,
***********************My Answer **********************************************
Dear Sir/Madam,
I have been granted admission for the shot course in practical Astronomy in your college. Since this is the first time I would be travelling thee, I am writing to you to enquire about a few logistical aspects of my stay.

The above mentioned course, being for full month of June, I would be arriving there on 29th May and departing on 2nd of July. I would need a small accomodation during the said period. I am looking for a small 1 bedroom flat or a studio apartment, with all the essential ammenities.

I am a strict vegan, so I would prefer a place where I can cook my own food. However, I don't expect it to be a full-fledged kitchen, as I understand it would be expensive and over my budget. Although I am already searching through online advertisements, it would be very helful of you if you could point me with appropriate contacts or agents.

Apart from accomodation, can you also help me with information about transport to and from the college. Is there any public transport available or does college provide any of its own? What would be the costs associated with either of them?

I would be grateful to you if you could let me know information about the topics mentioned above.
Thanks.
tejas_gokhale01

Re: Please criticize task 1 (Word count 219)

Post by tejas_gokhale01 »

any feedback? any? at all? ...
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Re: Please criticize task 1 (Word count 219)

Post by Flick »

tejas_gokhale01 wrote: You are going on a short course to a training college abroad. It is a college that you have not been to before.

Write a letter to the accommodation officer. In your letter

give details of your course and your arrival/departure date
explain your accommodation needs
ask for information about getting to and from the college

***********************My Answer **********************************************
Dear Sir/Madam,

I have been granted admission for the short course in practical Astronomy at your college. Since this is the first time I will be travelling there, I am writing to you to enquire about a few logistical aspects of my stay.

The above mentioned course is being held throughout June. I will be arriving on 29th May and departing on 2nd of July. I need accommodation during this period. I am looking for a small 1 bedroom flat or a studio apartment, with all the essential ammenities.

I am a strict vegan, so I would prefer a place where I can cook my own food. However, I don't expect it to be a full-fledged kitchen, as I understand this is expensive and over my budget. Although I am already searching through online advertisements, it would be very helpful if you could put me in touch with appropriate contacts or agents.

Apart from accommodation, can you also help me with information about transport to and from the college? Is there any public transport available or does the college provide any of its own? What would be the costs associated with these options?

I would be grateful for any information you can provide.

Thanks.