IELTS newbie: Why do we need music?

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
kennytai

IELTS newbie: Why do we need music?

Post by kennytai »

Topic: There are many different types of music in the world today. Why do we need
music? Is the traditional music of a country more important than the
International music that is heard everywhere nowadays?

Nowadays, in the modern world, people can listen music everywhere they want. They can use mp3, Ipod or their own smartphones to listen it even that they are outside. There are many kinds of music which people have more chance to choose the one they like. So, music is very important to us and we really need it in our life.

Music can be Pop, Rock, Ballad or Disco… For each one, people use it in appropriate place. For example, we usually use Rock in a bar or a stadium where we would like to make it loud and funny. The fast melody is a drug which makes people effervescent.

After a hard working day, we often enjoy no lyrics music which help us reduce the stress and have balance in life. In some research, they say pregnant ladies who listen songs from Mozart, the boys will be more intelligent.

There is an idea that traditional music of a country is more important than the International music that is heard everywhere. The traditional one is a kind of culture, special thing from people in a specific place. When we listen them, we know the area that they live. For each country, they use specific instruments to perform the music. The adults often play this. The International one which young people prefer to listen is a kind of modern music. It’s a trend that youth can easy take from the Internet. I believe both of them are important. The traditional is a kind of special one and should be kept to avoid the lost. The International one is the exchange culture among countries to countries.

Many thanks,
Kenny
tejas_gokhale01

Re: IELTS newbie: Why do we need music?

Post by tejas_gokhale01 »

where did you get this topic from? This seems to be too broad and with too many questions for it to be a topic for IELTS.
kennytai

Post by kennytai »

Hi Tejas,
Actually it's a topic from a practice test book which a friend shared to me. I think it's for practicing and I hope that you or someone give me some ideas.

Many thanks,
Kenny
holymanbinny

Post by holymanbinny »

This topic is a part of ielts essay
It addresses 2 main question
Why do we need music
Which one do you prefer traditional vs international music why ??