Criticize Task 2 (foreign language in primary vs sec school)

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
holymanbinny

Criticize Task 2 (foreign language in primary vs sec school)

Post by holymanbinny »

Some people think it is better for children to begin to learn a foreign language at primary school than at secondary school. Discuss both views and give your opinion.

In modern era,foreign language is considered as a cardinal skill to each individual life, thus people can use this ability in their future. Some people would argue that it is important to grasp the skill of foreign language at an elementary school , while other people contends that it is better acquired in secondary school.These view points will be discussed in this order before arriving at a satisfactory outcome.

On the one hand, some people are of opinion that young students learn better unfamiliar language in primary school because at early age it is facile for children to develop understanding of foreign words alphabetically. For instance, Indian students start learning their non-native language which is english, at an initial stage and progress by absorbing letters alphabetically. Therefore, it is clearly why some people gravitate towards this point of view.

On the other hand, many people argue that it is prominent to master the foreign language skill in high school mainly due to many teenagers are superior in skills, knowledge, understanding and more importantly they have good grasping power. Furthermore, teacher helps in learning and many times organizes group discussion and also invite guest lecturers to teach for better flow and understanding of language.To illustrate, in my home country, school gives extra classes for student to learn foreign languages such as French,moreover they even invite foreign guest teachers for interaction with students. After analyzing these facts, it is clear why many people support this claim.

By way of conclusion, there are strong arguments both sides, after analyzing all view points,it is certainly that understanding at prime stage alphabetically improve your understanding slowly, however,in my opinion ability to acquire knowledge of foreign language is better suited in secondary school due to increased learning power of teenager than young students.
Last edited by holymanbinny on Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
holymanbinny

Re: Task 2 (about foreign language)give your valuable feedba

Post by holymanbinny »

Hai guys need help , i need to improve my writing score , any help would be appericiated
robin20y

Post by robin20y »

Some people think it is better for children to begin to learn a foreign language at primary school than at secondary school. Discuss both views and give your opinion.

In thismodern era,foreign language is considered as a cardinal skill to each individual life, thus people can use this ability in their future. Some people would argue that it is important to grasp the skill of foreign language from elementary schools , while some others contends that it is better acquired in secondary school.These viewpoints will be discussed in this order before arriving at a satisfactory outcome.

On the one hand, some people are of the opinion that young students learn better unfamiliar language(better unfamiliar language or unfamiliar languages better?) in primary schools because at early age it is facile for children to develop understanding of foreign words alphabetically.(concise this sentence- short sentences make less chances for errors ) For instance, Indian students start learning their non-native language which is English, at an initial stage and progress by absorbing letters alphabetically. Therefore, it is clearly that why some people gravitate towards this point of view.

On the other hand, many people argue that it is prominent to master the foreign language skill in high school mainly due to many teenagers are superior in skills, knowledge, understanding and more importantly they have good grasping power. Furthermore, teachers help in learning and many times organize group discussions and also invite guest lecturers to teach for better flow and understanding of language.To illustrate, in my home country, school gives extra classes for student to learn foreign languages such as French,moreover they even invite foreign guest teachers for interaction with students. After analyzing these facts, it is clear why many people support this claim.

By way of conclusion, there are strong arguments both sides, after analyzing all view points,it is certainly that understanding at prime stage alphabetically improve your understanding slowly, however,in my opinion ability to acquire knowledge of foreign language is better suited in secondary school due to increased learning power of teenager than young students.

Hi,
You have a good range of vocabulary and the way which you answered the question is is awesome .You should get a pretty good score for this piece of writing. My humble suggestion is that try to short your sentences. Because sometimes long sentences making confusion and losing grammar.297 words are much more than needed. Try to limit it somewhere between 255-265.
Have a great day.
holymanbinny

Post by holymanbinny »

Robin thanks for your valuable feedback ,also what score would you think this essay would get ?
tejas_gokhale01

Re: Criticize Task 2 (foreign language in primary vs sec sch

Post by tejas_gokhale01 »

Since robin alredy proofread your essay, I just thouht of rewriting the same in a different shade. Dont want to look smartypants here, just a practice for me as well as you can look at it from a different angle.
holymanbinny wrote:Some people think it is better for children to begin to learn a foreign language at primary school than at secondary school. Discuss both views and give your opinion.

In modern era, knowing at least one foreign language is considered an essential skill for a student's future prospects. There is an ongoing argument though, about whether it should be acquired in primary school or later in secondary school with each side backedup by significant reasons. This essay will look at both views before drawing any conclusions.

According to some, owing to a better capability to learn alphabets earlier during childhood, primary school is the perfect time to commence foreign language courses. Large swathes of students in India for example learn English aplhabets right from the start along with other regional languages and/or respective mother tongues. A massive Indian population using english as a form of written communication today demonstrates the benefits of early introduction of a foreign language. One can safely agree then, to primay schools being the best time for this.

Teenagers on the other hand have a broader lingual perspective compared to their primary school counterparts in terms of skills, knowledge and learnability. Many meaningful initiatives like group discussions, visiting faculties etc. can be organized for a better language acquisition in secondary schools. For example extra optional classes, talks, speech competions, native speakers of the language as guest teachers were some of the initiatives, I remember from my high school days to encourage students to pick foreign languages. So secondary schools as a best time for this, can't be denied either.

Overall, a rather lingual approach in secondary schools seems to be better than a literal approach in primary schools. Language afterall is a fluid social construct and the dynamic artistic side of it which can obviously be explored by students better in their secondary school classes makes it a timely and effective effort.
holymanbinny

Post by holymanbinny »

Thanks
robin20y

Post by robin20y »

In this modern era, knowing at least one foreign language is considered asan essential skill for a student's future prospects.There is an ongoing argument though, about whether it should be acquired in primary school or later in secondary school with each side backedup by significant reasons( consider rephrasing this sentence). This essay will look at both views before drawing any conclusions.

On the one hand, according to some, owing to a better capability to learn alphabets earlier during childhood, primary school is the perfect time to commence foreign language courses.For example, Large swathes of students in India learn English aplhabets right from the start(it gives a speaking style) along with other regional languages and/or respective mother tongues. A massive Indian population using english as a form of written communication today demonstrates the benefits of early introduction of a foreign language. Therefore, one can safely agree that primary schools are the best place for this.
( I have added "on the one hand" because you are opening a paragraph. Therefore you must show that you are going to speak about one side of the argument specifically in here. Apart from that, you can easily link your next paragraph with that phrase)

On the other hand,teenagers have a broader lingual perspective compared to their primary school counterparts in terms of skills, knowledge and learnability. Many meaningful initiatives like group discussions, visiting faculties etc. can be organized for a better language acquisition in secondary schools. For example extra optional classes, talks, speech competions, native speakers of the language as guest teachers were some of the initiatives I remember from my high school days to encourage students to pick foreign languages. So, secondary schools as a best time for this, can't(use full forms in IELTS) be denied either.

Overall, a rather lingual approach in secondary schools seems to be better than a literal approach in primary schools. Language afterall is a fluid social construct and the dynamic artistic side of it which can obviously be explored by students better in their secondary school classes makes it a timely and effective effort.
(Try to write in a simplistic form, flow of your grammar altered here. )