Being ambitious ( Essay type)

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
kylesun0513

Being ambitious ( Essay type)

Post by kylesun0513 »

Before I started writing this essay, I was confused about whether this is a discussion or argument essay. I went through the question couple of times and I determined to write an argument structure. Can anyone please give me some advices, thank you so much.

It is believed that everyone should have an ambition to become successful in life. Is it really important to have these ambitions? Is being ambitious good or bad?

The ambition is a key element that leads individual toward a successful life path. Being ambitious can make someone determined to put efforts in approaching goals. However, a human being who has a strong desire to achieve his/her goal tends to neglect other meaningful aspect of human life. In this essay, I will address the negative effects with which being ambitious may bring us.

To begin with, being ambitious always comes with a life long process that requires an individual to put enormous efforts into work, thus neglecting the joy of being with family. For instance, in China, due to the competitive nature of society, men always bear an idea of being successful in mind, committing themselves to career, therefore leaving their wives and children without taking care of. As a result, they might become rich and powerful, but they simultaneously fail the responsibilities of being a good father and husband. Hence, an ambitious man who spends most of his time at work has less time for family, thus lacking of authentic happiness.

Furthermore, political leaders who are too ambitious most likely lost their sense of self-esteem, therefore creating conflict with other countries and ruining people’s lives. For example, during Second World War, the German leader, Adolf Hitler, who had a tremendous desire of ruling the entire Europe killed tens of thousands of human beings and created a devastating tragedy in human history. So it is believed that if high officials were ambitious, sometimes they would be dangerous for our peaceful international environment.

In conclusion, individuals who are ambitious may fail the responsibilities of looking after families, and for ambitious leaders who have ambitious desires may create conflicts and lead the world into chaos. Therefore, I believe that being ambitious has certain negative impacts on human life.