should government spend more money on railways?

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
ucheoma

should government spend more money on railways?

Post by ucheoma »

GOVERNMENT SHOULD SPEND MORE MONEY ON RAILWAYS RATHER THAN ROADS.

TO WHAT EXTENT DO YOU AGREE OR DISAGREE WITH THIS STATEMENT?

With the increase traffic on the motorways as well as increase in air pollution, transporters are demanding that the government should fund the more on the underground and subways instead of constructing more roads. In my own opinion I strongly agree with this call.

First of all, the long queues experienced on the roads especially during peaks periods can be disheartening. In recent times employees have lost their job due to lateness to work as a result of delays they experience while coming to work. This is beginning to have an impact on the economy as a lot of working time is spent on traffic. To add more injury to the sore, the increased fumes from automobile experienced is also worrisome. Environmentalist, are beginning to be afraid that in years to come the world might pay for the increase in carbon been emitted into the atmosphere. For example in India with over five billon population, the amount of cars on the roads are so alarming that the smog introduced into the atmosphere is already causing environmental pollution.

As a result of this, commuters as well as meteorologists are pleading with the leaders of the nation to construct subways to alleviate the problems of traffic congestion on the roads. So many countries are already attesting to the positives from the railway system. In Britain and Japan the motorways have been made pliable and free since the advent of the metro system. It is so organized that the arrival and departure of trains can be monitored using the internet, hence the passengers can use their time well and arrive at exactly when the train is ready to board. This also reflects in the country’s fiscal report where a lot of improvement has occurred since use of undergrounds.

All in all, the increase traffic on the road as well as the pollution in connection with use of cars have lead to call by the populace for construction of tube system. In my own opinion, this is a welcome development
David.IELTS.Examiner
IELTS Examiner
IELTS Examiner

Re: should government spend more money on railways?

Post by David.IELTS.Examiner »

Hello!

The question says 'railways' but your introduction says 'subways'. They are not the same.

Overall, good grammar and vocabulary. Any mistakes are minor and do not affect meaning or comprehension.

Your arguments are basically good, but you fail to take into account very real issues, such as cost, or alternatives such as reducing motor traffic without building an expensive subway system.

All the best,
David
ucheoma

Post by ucheoma »

Thank you David.Please educate me more on metro,railway,underground, subways
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Post by Flick »

ucheoma wrote:GOVERNMENT SHOULD SPEND MORE MONEY ON RAILWAYS RATHER THAN ROADS.

TO WHAT EXTENT DO YOU AGREE OR DISAGREE WITH THIS STATEMENT?

With the increased traffic on the motorways as well as an increase in air pollution, transporters are demanding that the government should spend more on the railways instead of constructing more roads. In my opinion, I strongly agree with this call.

First of all, the long queues experienced on the roads, especially during peaks periods, can be disheartening. In recent times employees have lost their jobs due to lateness to work as a result of delays they experience while coming to work. This is beginning to have an impact on the economy as a lot of working time is spent intraffic. To add insult to injury, the increased fumes from traffic is also worrisome. Environmentalists are beginning to become concerned that in the years to come the world might pay for the increase in carbon being emitted into the atmosphere. For example, in India with a population of over five billion, the amount of cars on the roads is so alarming that the smog being introduced into the atmosphere is already causing environmental pollution.

As a result of this, commuters as well as meteorologists are pleading with the leaders of the nation to construct railways to alleviate the problems of traffic congestion on the roads. So many countries are already attesting to the positives of a railway system. In Britain and Japan, the motorways have been made pliable and free since the advent of the rail system. It is so organized that the arrival and departure of trains can be monitored using the internet, hence the passengers can use their time well and arrive exactly when the train is ready to board. This also reflects in the country’s fiscal report where a lot of improvement has occurred since use of trains has been encouraged.

All in all, the increase in traffic on the road as well as the pollution in connection with the use of cars have lead to a call by the populace for the construction of railways. In my own opinion, this is a welcome development.