Task I (Please, correct it for me!)

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
biancarpin

Task I (Please, correct it for me!)

Post by biancarpin »

The island passed through many changes during the time when it was under construction of some tourist facilities. In an overall view, it could be said that these modifications were good to attract more visitors. However, up to a certain point, the changes caused damage to the environment.

Though none of the trees was eliminated, the construction of roads, restaurants and accommodation might have affected the behavior of island’s animals. For instance, it could have changed their feeding and living habits. Also, the construction of a pier might have affected the marine species that live near from the coast.

Despite the negative consequences the environment might have suffered, the local economy was certainly increased by the tourism. Now, there are accommodations where tourists can stay and restaurants where they are able to have good meals. Also, the footpath and the vehicle track make it easier for the tourist to move themselves through the island sights.

To sum up, the constructions brought big changes to the island. Although it was good to claim tourists, it might have affected the nature by interfering in the animals’ life. Therefore, while biologists and other people concerned about the environment may say the changes were bad, businessmen might reckon it was awesome.
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Re: Task I (Please, correct it for me!)

Post by Flick »

biancarpin wrote:The island passed through many changes during the time tourist facilities were being built. Overall, it could be said that these modifications were good because it attracted more visitors. (<-- include a reason why this was good, for example boosting the local economy, increasing awareness of the area, etc.) However, up to a certain point, the changes caused damage to the environment.

Though no trees were destroyed, the construction of roads, restaurants and accommodation might have affected the behavior of the island’s animals. For instance, it could have changed their feeding and living habits. Also, the construction of a pier might have affected the marine species that live near the coast. (<-- This is a good point.)

Despite the negative consequences the environment might have suffered, the local economy was certainly helped by the tourism. Now, there are accommodations where tourists can stay and restaurants where they are able to have good meals. Also, the footpaths and the vehicle tracks make it easier for the tourists toreach the many island sights.

To sum up, the construction brought big changes to the island. Although it was good to attract tourists, it might have affected nature by interfering in the animals’ lives. Therefore, while biologists and other people concerned about the environment may say the changes were bad, businessmen are pleased with the outcome. 'might reckon it was awesome' This is very casual language and isn't appropriate for a written essay.
Hi biancarpin,

Don't forget to include the original task to make it easier to correct any errors or misunderstandings you may have.

Thanks,
Flick