GT task 1

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
yhjsaber

GT task 1

Post by yhjsaber »

You find that your study load is too heavy. Write a letter to your college teacher explaining why you need to withdraw from two courses. Ask if it is possible to obtain a refund.

Dear Professor Ahmed,
I am writing to request your permission allowing me to withdraw from the Engineering Management and Professional Engineering courses. Please allow me to elaborate on why I want this course of action to be realized.

As my thesis supervisor, I believe you have a general view about my work load. Apart from conducting experiments and writing my dissertation, which occupies most of my time, there are three more subjects that require me to put considerable efforts in. As a result, I often have to sacrifice resting in order for me to finish the assignments of these courses on time. If I continued to lead such an unhealthy life, I am afraid that my health and working efficiency would deteriorate more severely.

Therefore, I would like to reduce my burden through temporarily giving up the above mentioned two courses which I can enroll in anytime after I finish my thesis project with you. I hope you can emphasize with my situation and write a letter to the mechanical engineering department on my behalf, granting permission for my action.

Furthermore, as you are in charge of managing students’ tuition fees, I would like to ask you if it is possible for me to obtain a refund if I were to withdraw from aforementioned courses.
I look forward to your response at your earliest convenience.
Yours truly,
Carlen Yu.
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Re: GT task 1

Post by Flick »

yhjsaber wrote:You find that your study load is too heavy. Write a letter to your college teacher explaining why you need to withdraw from two courses. Ask if it is possible to obtain a refund.

Dear Professor Ahmed,

I am writing to request your permission to allow me to withdraw from the Engineering Management and Professional Engineering courses. Please allow me to elaborate on my request.

As my thesis supervisor, I believe you have a good overall view about my work load. Apart from conducting experiments and writing my dissertation, which occupies most of my time, there are three more subjects that require me to put considerable effort in. As a result, I often have to sacrifice sleep in order for me to finish the assignments of these courses on time. If I continued to lead such an unhealthy life, I am afraid that my health and efficiency would deteriorate severely.

Therefore, I would like to reduce my burden through temporarily giving up the above mentioned two courses, which I can enroll in anytime after I finish my thesis project with you. I hope you can empathize with my situation and write a letter to the mechanical engineering department on my behalf, granting permission for my action.

Furthermore, as you are in charge of managing students’ tuition fees, I would like to ask you if it is possible for me to obtain a refund if I were to withdraw from the aforementioned courses.

I look forward to your response at your earliest convenience.
Yours truly,
Carlen Yu.
Great work. Polite and easy to understand. It might be worth offering other solutions besides a refund, such as a partial refund, or putting your study on hold and coming back to it at a later date without having to pay extra fees.