pls check it- task 2-advantages and disadvantge of tourism

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
rairaichan0323

pls check it- task 2-advantages and disadvantge of tourism

Post by rairaichan0323 »

International tourism has many effects on the local residents. What are the advantages and disadvantages of the development?

In the present age, it seems that there is a considerable increase in global tourism. Yet at the same time, the local dwellers have been affected by the international tourism. While the international holidaymaking brings several advantages to the destination country, it also creates various disadvantages of the development. In this essay, it will analyze the benefits and drawbacks of this industry which may affect to the locals.

First of all, it is an indisputable advantage that the global tourism has brought an undeniable economic prosperity to the host countries. For instance, developing countries like as Indonesia and Thailand have benefited greatly from the travel industry. Their economy is mainly supported by tourists. More than 100 million tourists have visited to there and have spent a vast amount of money in there every year. This makes it clear that it has a positive impact to the locals. One further advantage is that it can create employment opportunities to the destination nations as they require a large amount of workers to provide services to visitors. As these show that international tourists has obverse side the local inhabitants.

On the other hand, the global tourism has brought several disadvantages to the host countries as well. It tends to export many negative aspects of western culture. Since it is only wealthy who can afford to travel abroad. Many developing countries have become the playgrounds of tourists from more affluent ones. In many such nations, the influx of mainly western tourists has brought with its problems such as prostitution as well as alcoholism and substance abuse. It is obvious from this that the international holidaymaking has brought profoundly detrimental influence upon the local dwellers.

In conclusion, the global tourism has brought considerable advantages and also it has created several disadvantages to the locals. I believe that in order to be sustainable development, greater regulation of the international tourist industry is required.
durai

Re: pls check it- task 2-advantages and disadvantge of touri

Post by durai »

In the present age, it seems that there is a considerable increase in global tourism. Yet at the same time, the local dwellers have been affected by the international tourism. While the international visitors bring several advantages to the destination country, it also creates various disadvantages of the development. This essay will analyze the benefits and drawbacks of this industry which may affect to the locals.

Rai, I have seen you are applying similar structure to all your writings, so I would like to suggest some good introduction which you can use it for any essays.
intro:
sentences 1 : Over the last decade, the number of international tourists to various destinations has significantly increased the world over.

sentence 2: While some opine that this visitors would have a positive effect towards local people, others believe that it has negative effects as well.

sentence 3: This essay is an attempt to analyse benefits and drawbacks of international tourism in terms of local residents.

altogether: Over the last decade, the number of international tourists to various destinations has significantly increased the world over. While some opine that this visitors would have a positive effect towards local people, others believe that it has negative effects as well.This essay is an attempt to analyse benefits and drawbacks of international tourism in terms of local residents.

First of all, it is an indisputable advantage that the global tourism has brought an undeniable economic prosperity to the host countries. For instance, developing countries like Indonesia and Thailand have benefited greatly from the travel industry. More than 100 million touristsare visiting every year and spending a vast amount of money that keeps stable economic growth of these countries. Besides this, it can create employment opportunities to the host countries as they require a large number of workers to provide services to visitors. As these show that the international tourists are having significant advantages towards local inhabitants.

On the other hand, the global tourism has brought several disadvantages to the host countries as well. It tends to export many negative aspects of western culture ?. Since it is only wealthy who can afford to travel abroad ? fragments. Many developing countries have become the playgrounds of tourists from more affluent ones. In many such nations, the influx of mainly western tourists has brought with its problems such as prostitution as well as alcoholism and substance abuse. It is obvious from this that the international holiday making has brought profoundly detrimental influence upon the local dwellers. I can understand the idea but no logical flow, try rewording

sample: On the other hand, the global tourism has several disadvantages to the host countries. One of the main advantages is the destruction of local culture. For example, many foreigners visit India to explore different aspects of culture. While exploring they teach their own food habits to local residents which is unhealthy to many Indian citizens. Thai is the reason why many Indians prefer pizza and burger instead of traditional rice and curry. Thus, it is clear that there are some detrimental effects to regional people due to international tourism.

In conclusion, the global tourism has brought considerable advantages and also it has created several disadvantages to the locals. I believe that in order to have sustainable development, greater regulation of the international tourist industry is required.

looks band 6. ( I am not an assessor)
JAN 2014 L 8.5 R 8 W 6.5 S 6.5
FEB 2014 L 8 R 8 W 7 S 6.5
APR 2014 L 8 R 9 W 6.5 S 7
JUN 2014 L 8.5 R 7 W 6.5 S 6
July 2014 L 8.5 R 7 W 6.5 S 6.5
OCT 2014 L 7.5 R 7 W 7 S 7
rairaichan0323

Re: pls check it- task 2-advantages and disadvantge of touri

Post by rairaichan0323 »

thank you Durai,

you are right, i often use similar structure to write my essays. this is because i think that i can help me to finish the essays within 40 minutes. i worried i do not have enough time to do it. bascially, my written template is following Ryan's one. thank you for your suggestion :)