pls give me a band score-task 1-apology in advance

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
rairaichan0323

pls give me a band score-task 1-apology in advance

Post by rairaichan0323 »

You are having a graduation party next Saturday night. You have invited 50 people to celebrate at an outdoor barbecue evening, which may continue into late into the night. Write a letter to your elderly neighbour. In your letter:
• explain what will be happening
• offer your apologies in advance
• invite her to join the celebration

Dear Mr. Wood,

My name is Janis Lam, who is living simply next to your house. I am writing to inform you that I would hold a graduation party next Saturday night that may cause you some inconvenience or trouble.

I would like to hold an outdoor barbecue party for celebrating us to graduate from university. I have invited 50 people to join it and it would be held until mid-night. Although we would try to minimize our noise, I am sure that it would cause some troublesome to you. I am sincerely apology about it and I hope you could comprehend our situation.

I also wonder if it is possible for you to attend the party. I would be more than happy if you could come. Once again I am so sorry for any annoyances if we make.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours sincerely,

Janis Lam
durai

Re: pls give me a band score-task 1-apology in advance

Post by durai »

Dear Mr. Wood,

My name is Janis Lam, who is living next door, and I am writing to inform you that I will be holding ( because your certain , so use "will" a graduation party next Saturday night which may cause you some inconvenience.

During this party, I would prefer to do barbecue in our garden . I have invited 50 people to join it and it would be held until mid-night. first and second sentences should be changed other way to get good coherence

I have invited 50 people to his great occasion. Unfortunately there would be a noise until mid-night becasue during this party, we would probably do barbecue in our garden

To our effort, we will try to minimize our noise level but I am sure that it may cause you not having peaceful sleep at that night.. I am sincerely apologise about this situation and I hope you could tolerate.

I also would like to invite you to attend this party . I would be more happy if you could come. Once again I am so sorry for any annoyances if we make.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours sincerely,

Janis Lam
JAN 2014 L 8.5 R 8 W 6.5 S 6.5
FEB 2014 L 8 R 8 W 7 S 6.5
APR 2014 L 8 R 9 W 6.5 S 7
JUN 2014 L 8.5 R 7 W 6.5 S 6
July 2014 L 8.5 R 7 W 6.5 S 6.5
OCT 2014 L 7.5 R 7 W 7 S 7
rairaichan0323

Post by rairaichan0323 »

Thank you for you helping :)
topann

Post by topann »

its already mentioned in question that "invite her....' so you should start letter with Dear Miss or Mrs.
durai

Post by durai »

Hi Topann,

I understand your point, but generally letter question won't be gender specific.

I assumed Rairachan may have missed to write complete wordings in which it could be " invite him/her for your party"

Durai
JAN 2014 L 8.5 R 8 W 6.5 S 6.5
FEB 2014 L 8 R 8 W 7 S 6.5
APR 2014 L 8 R 9 W 6.5 S 7
JUN 2014 L 8.5 R 7 W 6.5 S 6
July 2014 L 8.5 R 7 W 6.5 S 6.5
OCT 2014 L 7.5 R 7 W 7 S 7