pls Help- claim insurance- Task 1

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
rairaichan0323

pls Help- claim insurance- Task 1

Post by rairaichan0323 »

You are travelling and have lost something that is expensive. The lost item is insured. Write to the insurance company to describe how it happened and ask for compensation.

Dear Sir / Madam,

My name is Janis Lee and the holder of the above insurance policy. I am writing to intend to lodge an insurance claim under the said policy for the loss of my laptop. Two months ago, I just bought it for HKD 7000.

On 24th March, I was having my vacation in New Zealand. In the evening, I went back to my room, I found my laptop, Fujitsu FJ123 was stolen. I have to mention that while I went out, door and windows were locked. I complained to the hotel manager and called for policy. According to their inspection, someone should come from the window. Enclosed with this letter is the copy of the statement from the policy and receipt of the laptop. In addition, I would like to receive this compensation as soon as possible, therefore, I could buy the new one as soon as possible. I look forward to your prompt reply.

Yours sincerely,

Janis Lee