Please rate my essay! Task 2

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
Claire3

Please rate my essay! Task 2

Post by Claire3 »

Almost everyone agrees that we should be training children to recycle waste to save the Earth’s natural resources. Some believe that it is parents who should teach their children to recycle waste. Others argue that school is the best place to teach do this. Discuss both views and give your own opinion

Recycling is one of the easiest methods to save the natural resources in the contemporary world. Thus, the debate over who should educate children about this vital knowledge has been widely known. One may argue that school should be responsible of this duty while another claims that this is a task parents should undertake. Both sides’ arguments will be analysed in the following paragraphs, supported by relevant examples.

For students, learning with peers can be more interesting and enjoyable compared to learning alone. One can readily recount incidences of young children actively participating in a lesson simply because their friends are around. Discussing and brainstorming with classmates can mature one’s comprehension about desired teaching materials and leave the student with a solid memory of what they learned. I, for instance, initially encountered the concept of recycling when I was in primary school. The interactive group activities I did with classmates offered a clear notion and the need of recycling.

However, it is questionable as to how long school education can influence children to keep performing recycling activities. Students tend to forget the knowledge from school when they graduate or holidays start. Hence, some describe that the duty should be designated to parents. They possess a major authority to discipline children to develop certain habits for a lifelong period of time. If parents are able to repetitively train their children, they will become accustomed to recycling regularly and contribute to the environment substantially.

In conclusion, the aforementioned ideas evidently portray two divergent opinions about who should be responsible of teaching children about recycling. I personally believe that parents should take on the work since they are believed to be able to educate children throughout their whole life.

P.S - I'm sitting for GT module