Please grade my essay!

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
Claire3

Please grade my essay!

Post by Claire3 »

Nowadays for many people the internet is replacing regular books. What do you think will happen in the future and what is your opinion about this trend?

The contemporary society is progressed pursuant to the changes that computers generate for citizens. One of the new trends it has created is the replacement of regular books with digitally printed counterparts. The following paragraphs will thus address some prospective outcomes that the publishing industry will encounter consequent to this situation and illustrate the writer’s personal opinion.

It is expected that the concept of ordinary books will not completely collapse but its popularity will hinder significantly in the future. In fact, as is already case with the modern world, more people are choosing to buy E-books over tangible books. It is firstly much easier to be stored since one computer can hold thousands of virtual books. Secondly, the absence of distributional and publishing fees involved in making digital prints enable the selling price to be low. Therefore, the convenient and cost-efficient aspects that digital books possess will eventually attract more users in the close future while leaving the pre-existing book industry in threat.

Personally, it is felt that the results of the above-mentioned prediction will preclude people from acknowledging the value of tangible books. For regular books, there is a limited labour capacity to supply desired number of items to readers. This often requires them to wait for a few weeks or even months to obtain what they want to read. Although the wait can be dreadful, such a time span intensifies their appreciation towards the author and his hard work. However, with E-books which can be readily duplicated simply by copying and pasting, is unlikely to ever allow people to know how precious a book can be.

In conclusion, the aforementioned ideas clearly demonstrate how the ordinary book industry will be influenced by its counterparts produced online, and what the writer thinks of this trend.

P.S - I wasn't sure if I was supposed to talk about regular books vs E-books or regualr books vs just internet in general
Can somebody help?
Rizwan

Re: Please grade my essay!

Post by Rizwan »

It is very good indeed