My essay - IELTS USA Academic - March 2015

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
danyocean

My essay - IELTS USA Academic - March 2015

Post by danyocean »

SkypeID: daniarsupriiyadi - Indonesia

Some people consider sport to be their career and role in the society. For others, it is mostly a workout to keep fit. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.

Playing sports make people stay healthy, while some people choose sports as their career and roles in the society. I believe there are convincing arguments for both the views.

Some people contend that the nature of sport is only for reenergizing stamina and helping the process of metabolism in human body. In their opinion, performing sport beyond that purpose can be unhealthy if we do excessively demanding physical activities and even it may cause serious health problems such as a disability or even a heart attack. They also argue that sports cannot be chosen as a permanent occupation due to the fact that human body is aging every day, and beyond a certain age, say 40, the body will be unable to perform sports very well. Therefore, it is waste of time if people make sports as their long-term professions.

However, in my opinion, sports seems to be a rewarding job nowadays. It is often reported that famous athletes are often paid vast amounts of money because they have represented a nation in international sport competitions such as the Olympic Games and the World Cup. Many famous athletes have also achieved other successful careers after they retired. For example, Arnold Schwarzenegger who was formerly a professional bodybuilder was elected as the 38th Governor of California, USA because of his popularity. Furthermore, many sport-related job positions have been offered to ex-sportsmen because of certain qualification and set of skills.

In conclusion, people have different views about sports as for a profession or just as means for keeping fit, but I consider that nowadays sports are not only an exercise but also a lucrative career option even post retirement.
(307)