Modern technology and uncontrolled access to information

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
michau6211

Modern technology and uncontrolled access to information

Post by michau6211 »

Hi, I am new at this forum and this is my first ever post.

Question: Modern technology now allows rapid and uncontrolled access to and exchange of information. Far from being beneficial, this is a danger to our societies. What are your views?

Body:

It was recently proved that the world produces more data in 10 minutes than from the prehistoric times to the 2003. Such an immense amount of information flow needs to be used in a proper way in order to help people better understand the more complex world. Hence, there is a debate how to make this data useful and what possible dangerous could be inferred from it. To enlighten more this topic some positive and negative views will be provided.
The main concern, when talking about new technology and data flow is always a privacy. Vast majority of big tech companies like Google or Facebook are collecting many personal informations, from users emails, browser history, etc. for business purposes. This is unacceptable practice even if it seems to be safe and convenient now, because it could someday turn out against people and lead to danger when somebody will know everything about user's habits, behaviors and even personal secrets.
From the other hand, this surveillance could bring some benefits as well. Probably many terrorists as par with other criminals could be easily detected while monitoring different suspicious sites and web traffic. This is very important while many small children and innocent people could became victims of those bad people and therefore thanks to the surveillance and exchange of information, many crimes can be prevented in advance.
To sum up, taking all into account, it was shown that rapid and uncontrolled flow of data is one of the biggest challenge of today's world. But, taking step apart from the benefits, it is crucial for healthy society to keep personal matters and secrets in privacy because otherwise it will always lead to unexpected circumstances.

Words: 280

As I said this is my first post ever so any critical comments will be highly apreciated. Please give me your feedback. Cheers !