Please give feedback- IELTS(General)_Task1_Complaint-letter

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
Apbh

Please give feedback- IELTS(General)_Task1_Complaint-letter

Post by Apbh »

1) You took your family to a near-by restaurant. You were disappointed with the meal and wish to complain to the manager.
Write a letter to the manager of the restaurant. In the letter:

» explain why you were at the restaurant
» describe the problems
» write about the action you want the manager to take

Dear Sir,

I am one of your regular patrons. I have always liked the cordial staff and the great food. I did not have any hesitation in choosing to celebrate my wife’s birthday, on the 9th of April, at your establishment, with a quiet dinner.

On this particular occasion, I was disappointed. I had made a reservation for 7:30 pm for a table for two. On our arrival at 7:30 pm, the concierge acknowledged the booking that we had made, and asked us to wait till he found a suitable table. We obliged seeing the Sunday rush. It was well past eight before we ran out of patience and decided to leave. There was no apology offered nor was there an explanation given to us. We were coldly told that, we may leave, if we so chose.

It is unacceptable to me, that diners be treated in such a shoddy manner. I do hope that your staff is trained better and sensitized to handle such rush hour situations in future.

Thank you,
Alex Lucas

(167 Words)