writing task 1

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
seop8098

writing task 1

Post by seop8098 »

The pie chart depicts the main causes of agricultural land becoming degraded in the world. As seen in slices, 93% of the agricultural become less productive by over-grazing, logging and too much cultivation, making up 35%, 30% and 28%, respectively. The remaining 7% is caused by other factors. Conversely, the table chart shows how much these causes affected different three regions in the 1990s.

In Europe, 9.8% of land degraded by deforestation overwhelmingly rather than North America and Oceania, with 0.2% and 1.7% respectively. Interestingly, in Oceania, the land degradation by over-cultivation was nothing at all while the impact of over-grazing was the biggest(11.3%) among three regions. North America had a lower proportion of degraded land at only 5%, and the main reasons were over-cultivation at 3.3%, to a lesser extent, over-grazing at 1.5%.

Overall, it can be seen that Europe was damaged by land degradation than other regions, and the main causes were deforestation and over-cultivation.

Thank you for reading~!!!
suju

Re: writing task 1

Post by suju »

overall its good report worthy of high score, gudluck.
ceojongseong

Re: writing task 1

Post by ceojongseong »

Hi guys. I'm a guys who just started to prepare the IELTS test and i have found the topic you wrote here and then i typed it too. Please read it even though it is not good enough but i want to have a piece of advice so let me know how it was for me. Thank you.

According to the pie chart, the top cause of serious problems of land degradation is over-grazing, which is 35%, and the second reason of that is deforestation, which is 30%, and the last third one is over-cultivation, which is 28%. There are also other minor causes of this matter but it is only 7%, which means unable to compare between those.

Conversely, the table illustrates how many agricultural land in Europe, North America and Oceania continent have been degraded by some senior reasons, which are deforestation, over-grazing and over-cultivation during the 1990s. In the table, Europe continent has been influenced with these elements as the highest of the world in 1990s. They got 9.8% of deforestation, which other continents are only 0.2% and 1.7%. It's absolutely high degree as almost half point of their degraded land rate of 23%. Moreover, in over-cultivation, Europe got 7.7% which is the top score among these continent. It's double rate of North America and it can not compare between Europe and Oceania, where got 0% in this factor. Even Oceania got 11.3%, which is two times of Europe, in over-grazing matter. Therefore, globally, Europe continent has been degraded as the most of them.

Thank you all for reading my first writing in the IELTS. I would glad to get a piece of advice or something like that.