Please kindly give comment, thank you!

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
kyliemiriam

Please kindly give comment, thank you!

Post by kyliemiriam »

Topic: Some people believe that teaching children at home is best for a child's development while others think that it is important for children to go to school.

Discuss advantages of both methods and give your own opinion.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Answer:
The controversy surrounding home-schooling and learning in a school environment has not been settled yet. While home-schooling offers a safer environment for children, there are better reasons for children to grow at school. Ultimately, I believe that going to school is more beneficial for children.

There are several advantages for children to learn at home. Firstly, parents can choose the best teachers available for private tuition, thereby allowing children to have the best access to knowledge. Furthermore, children can be taught in a more secure environment as they are away from bullies and other social factors which might cause a bad influence for them. Children and parents can also spend more quality time together.

On the other hand, schools offer a superior range of opportunities and learning materials. These opportunities are not just limited to academic knowledge but also sport, art and musical subjects. In addition, learning at school also enables children to develop their social skills so they can learn to cope with peers pressure or even possible social isolation. A recent study from the Department of Education in Australia found that learning outcome is better for children overall. when they go to school.

I believe that children are better off in a school environment. although one-on-one learning may be more effective, the benefit offered by a school environment simply cannot be matched. School environments sometimes present difficulties but the younger children learn how to navigate these difficulties, the better off they will become when they grow older.

In conclusion, while there are benefits for home-schooling, the overall assessment seems to favour children going to school to expand their social skills. I believe that children should learn social skills from a young age to help them cope with different kinds of pressure.
OnlineEnglishTeacher

Re: Please kindly give comment, thank you!

Post by OnlineEnglishTeacher »

kyliemiriam wrote:Topic: Some people believe that teaching children at home is best for a child's development while others think that it is important for children to go to school.

Discuss advantages of both methods and give your own opinion.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Answer:
The controversy surrounding home-schooling and learning in a school environment has not been settled yet. While home-schooling offers a safer environment for children, there are better reasons for children to grow at school. Ultimately, I believe that going to school is more beneficial for children.

There are several advantages for children to learn at home. Firstly, parents can choose the best teachers available for private tuition, thereby allowing children to have the best access to knowledge. Furthermore, children can be taught in a more secure environment as they are away from bullies and other social factors which might cause a bad influence for them. Children and parents can also spend more quality time together.

On the other hand, schools offer a superior range of opportunities and learning materials. These opportunities are not just limited to academic knowledge but also sport, art and musical subjects. In addition, learning at school also enables children to develop their social skills so they can learn to cope with peers pressure or even possible social isolation. A recent study from the Department of Education in Australia found that learning outcome is better for children overall. when they go to school.

I believe that children are better off in a school environment. although one-on-one learning may be more effective, the benefit offered by a school environment simply cannot be matched. School environments sometimes present difficulties but the younger children learn how to navigate these difficulties, the better off they will become when they grow older.

In conclusion, while there are benefits for home-schooling, the overall assessment seems to favour children going to school to expand their social skills. I believe that children should learn social skills from a young age to help them cope with different kinds of pressure.

On the other hand, schools offer a superior range of opportunities and learning materials. These opportunities are not just limited to academic knowledge but also sport, art and musical subjects. In addition, learning at school also enables children to develop their social skills so they can learn to cope with ("peer") peers pressure or even possible social isolation. A recent study from the Department of Education in Australia found that learning outcome is better for children overall(no "."). when they go to school.

I believe that children are better off in a school environment. Although one-on-one learning may be more effective, the benefit offered by a school environment simply cannot be matched. School environments sometimes present difficulties but ("if") the younger children learn how to navigate these difficulties, the better off they will become when they grow older.

Nice essay - high grade probably - 7+ etc..
Free Ebook For IELTS Tips

Skype IELTS Teacher (All Sections) - Try For $1 / Also, IELTS Writing Correction (Upload): $1 Demo - Skype ID = "ieltsonlineenglishteacher"