Online studying. Please leave comments about my essay

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
tuananhchau

Online studying. Please leave comments about my essay

Post by tuananhchau »

Topic: University lecturers are now able to put their lectures on the Internet for students to read and so the importance of attending face to face lectures has been reduced.
Do you believe the use of the Internet in formal education is a good idea? What future effects will the Internet have on academic study?

It goes without saying that the speed networking nowadays has been providing a promising educational solution for many academic learners and teachers. Nevertheless, in my point of view, the Internet has many negative effects on students' academic study and formal education which i think its advantages cannot be compared with.

First of all, it is obvious that leading a sedentary lifestyle is one bad impact of the Internet on the academic study that should be considered. For instance, formal education and academic learning are usually associated with the aim to deal with the public and self-vary individuals' sources of information through real life training and researching. However, by studying online, students' chances of contacting as well as engaging and involving in seminar discussions and training on practical and specific fields will be significantly reduced. Secondly. learners' direct contact with their lecturers for questions may also be rapidly declined due to receiving lectures and learning materials through clips and e-mails. Added in more, although this kind of studying might be one favorable option for students who maybe have geographical matters, their opportunities to attend for important educational events held on campus such as informal meetings with businessmen or lecturers or training trips will be minimized. As a result, online students' work should be out range of teachers' regular supervision, so students may miss the mark during their study.

Thirdly, another downside that should not be underestimated is health problems. It is clear that online studying involves in long hours of reading books and writing on the Internet. Moreover, this kind of self-studying might be misunderstood and overused since most students don't learn the fundamentals of time management resulting in learners' biological clock being adversely affected. In contrast, going to campus enables students to close the gap between inactively limited background knowledge and practically specific up-to-date ideas. In addition, social integration and travelling occasions are also available on campus. So that's why academic learning through the Internet should not be highly recommended.

In conclusion, I strongly believe that the Internet's positive effects on academic learning cannot outweigh its drawbacks. However, this way of learning sometimes can be used in leisure time for self-studying.