globalization and cultural identity. Please help correct my essay!

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
tuananhchau

globalization and cultural identity. Please help correct my essay!

Post by tuananhchau »

It goes without saying that the globalization has been occurring prominently recently resulting in the quick blur of borders between different cultures. However, people therefore fear that this global changing might inevitably lead to the total loss of cultural identity. In my opinion, I completely disagree with the given statement.

Firstly, the extension as well as sphere of influence of cultures has been remarkably expanded due to the globalization. Another equally important consideration is that globalization brings interaction and collaboration between cultures. For instance, by interacting with other cultures, one culture can be greatly enhanced in way of observing the world and of course, mutual understanding. Secondly, the interference of cultures with each other has greatly varied the people’s original way of living and thinking positively. In particular, globalization enables people from different countries to be united as a specie and promote goodwill as well as understanding among nations. This creates a multinational environment and significantly reduces the cultural conflicts.

Globalization can have a number of downsides. First of all, as the globalization is associated with the expanding global market, overusing multinational products might negatively affect the conception of people about local manufacturers. This leads to the overdependence of the countries’ consuming market on exported products originating from other nations, as can be seen as other cultures. Secondly, influencing by other cultures also triggers the trend of following the foreigners’ lifestyle in an unselected way as can be clearly seen in the new generation today. To specify, teenagers are currently interested in dressing like their celebrities, most of which are from distinct countries. As a result, following the world’s trend makes the youth think differently out of the limitation of its own cultures. Still, these cannot outweigh its benefits to culture.

In conclusion, I strongly believe that globalization is one extraordinary aspect that has triggered the new modern societies without cultural conflicts and discrimination.
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Re: globalization and cultural identity. Please help correct my essay!

Post by Flick »

tuananhchau wrote:It goes without saying that the globalization has been occurring prominently recently, resulting in the quick blur of borders between different cultures. However, people fear that this global change might inevitably lead to the total loss of cultural identity. In my opinion, I completely disagree with this viewpoint.

Firstly, the sphere of influence of many cultures has been remarkably expanded due to globalization. Another equally important consideration is that globalization encourages interaction and collaboration between cultures. For instance, by interacting with other cultures, one culture can be greatly enhanced through observing the world and of course, mutual understanding. Secondly, the interference of cultures with each other has greatly varied the people’s original way of living and thinking positively. In particular, globalization enables people from different countries to be united and promote goodwill as well as understanding among nations. This creates a multinational environment and significantly reduces cultural conflicts.

Globalization can have a number of downsides. First of all, as globalization is associated with the expanding global market, overusing multinational products might negatively affect the conception people have about local manufacturers. This leads to the overdependence of the countries’ consuming market on exported products originating from other nations, as can be seen in other cultures. Secondly, the influence of other cultures also triggers the trend of following the foreigners’ lifestyle in an unselected way, as can be clearly seen in today's generations. To specify, teenagers are currently interested in dressing like their celebrities, most of whom are from distinct countries. As a result, following the world trends make youths think differently about the limitation of its own cultures. Still, these cannot outweigh its benefits to culture.

In conclusion, I strongly believe that globalization is one extraordinary aspect that has triggered the new, modern societies without cultural conflicts and discrimination.